Page 6 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 8:13 pm

Also hyperlexian, did I ever state it was ok for men to cheat? I do recall saying that it isn't ok for either. Or maybe my eyes are kidding me. Then you go ahead and google some facts that support my argument as your final point. You guys need to learn how to read and argue.

This thread went from bad to women bitching about how it's in their genes to do stupid s**t. Well it's in my genes to get drunk and kill people so I guess I'll do that /sarcasm

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 9:43 pm

MXH wrote:
Also hyperlexian, did I ever state it was ok for men to cheat? I do recall saying that it isn't ok for either. Or maybe my eyes are kidding me. Then you go ahead and google some facts that support my argument as your final point. You guys need to learn how to read and argue.

This thread went from bad to women bitching about how it's in their genes to do stupid sh**. Well it's in my genes to get drunk and kill people so I guess I'll do that /sarcasm

i missed it in your peculiar tirade against women. i see it there now. but men still cheat more than women, and are thus much worse with their slu*ty and man-whorish behaviour.

nice try with your attempt to make it seem that woman are worse than men. but you failed.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 10:09 pm

Where did I say they are worse than men? Stop putting words in my mouth to make yourself look good. They are equally as bad at cheating and I do recall admitting that men have been doing it longer and still do more.
Any type of cheating should be demoralized be it men or women. What I came here fighting was the excuses you and others have of how it isn't their fault they cheat. Which it is obvious that their genes didn't text them to cheat on their partner.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm

MXH, way back on the second page you stated that women who cheat should be stoned to death, as they are in the middle east. you suggested no such punishment for men. several pages later you said that men USED to be the whores. my point is that they still ARE. women are just catching up. good for the goose, good for the gander.

but it is definitely difficult to read your points when they are all mixed in with insults and swears.

edit: no, you didn't ever admit men cheat more... looks like you are putting words into your own mouth.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 10:39 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
MXH, way back on the second page you stated that women who cheat should be stoned to death, as they are in the middle east. you suggested no such punishment for men. several pages later you said that men USED to be the whores. my point is that they still ARE. women are just catching up. good for the goose, good for the gander.

but it is definitely difficult to read your points when they are all mixed in with insults and swears.

edit: no, you didn't ever admit men cheat more... looks like you are putting words into your own mouth.

I'm pretty sure it is assumed when Ossis men used to and continue to cheat that they are also cheaters. The reason I started an attack on women was because someone made the stupid comment of blaming genes and not bad judgement on women rates going up.

Also how is having a world full of cheaters good? And the thu do also punish men in the middle east for cheating. Only because they publicize women being jailed or stoned doesn't mean the same hasn't happened to men.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 10:40 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is assumed when Ossis men used to and continue to cheat that they are also cheaters. The reason I started an attack on women was because someone made the stupid comment of blaming genes and not bad judgement on women rates going up.

Also how is having a world full of cheaters good? And the thu do also punish men in the middle east for cheating. Only because they publicize women being jailed or stoned doesn't mean the same hasn't happened to men.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 10:49 pm

MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

yes, men can be also punished by stoning, but it is far less common for men to be punished this way. several times as many women than men are punished by stoning. but anyway were you honestly referring to both men and women?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:55 am

Equal rights for screwing around now! Actually maybe if it was normalised no one would become offended or take it personally.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVw9Wtgu9K0&p=8200EC1EF08FC8F2&playnext=1&index=18[/youtube]

ThomasL
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Oct 2010, 2:30 am

StuartN wrote:
menintights wrote:
the supposed moral decline in society

I am in my 40s and I recall these "moral decline" complaints from my youth, my parents recall it from theirs (the swinging sixties) and my grandfather had hilarious stories about his experiences of moral decline (Prohibition). St Paul has some choice lines on the issue (1 Thessalonians 4:3 - "For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality"), and the Old Testament has plenty of anger for people "uncovering nakedness" (Leviticus 18:6-19).

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC).

It is hilarious hearing the same complaint from a 21st Century 19-year-old!

Excellent post! I think the problem is that as people get older, they actually forget what it was like to be young and frisky.

The other problem is that our species is simply not wired to be monogamous. Some species are, but we're not. Yet some (many? most? I'm really not sure) human cultures insist on trying to force us to practice lifelong monogamy, which is against our nature.

This was much easier hundreds or thousands of years ago, when life expectancy was only about 30 years, and people lived in small tribes or villages where everyone knew each other (so any infidelity would be hard to hide), women were considered the property of their fathers and then husbands, punishments for infidelity were harsh, etc.

45/55, 40/60 - this discrepancy doesn't seem huge to me - apparently men and women "cheat" at roughly equal rates these days, but I still believe it's more natural for men to do so.

Well, the "double standard" can be understood in biological terms: men don't want to spend time/energy/resources/money raising some other dude's kid. They barely want to help raise their own kids, which carry their own genes.

Women don't care, because no matter who the father is, the kid is equally hers. Women will happily have an affair with an alpha male, mainly for the excitement, but also because subconsciously women are programed to desire the most socially dominant, strong, healthy men, and because his genes are likely to be "better". But she hopes the beta male will stick around and protect and support her and her children.

Also, women typically only want one guy at a time, and are thus much more likely to leave the guy they're with if they find a "better" guy. Men are less likely to do so - their "screwing around" is generally not an indication that they're unhappy with their current relationship - it's just their nature to want to impregnate as many women as possible. Men produce billions of sperm, whereas women typically produce only one egg per month.

Historically, and across all human cultures, polygamy was the norm - i.e., the strongest, most socially dominant men typically had more than one wife, while the "omega males" had none. The opposite situation, where a woman has more than one husband, is vary rare.

In short, the "double standard" arose because men and women are different. We're not the same, and we typically don't want the same things. As for today's morality, I don't think there should be a double standard, and I certainly don't think anyone should punished in any way merely for having sex, but I do think kids have a right to know who their real father is, and men should never be compelled by law to raise another guy's kid. Maybe better contraceptive technology is the answer.

Most of all, there needs to be some way to stop the rampant spread of STDs - it's already epidemic and totally disgusting and I don't know why nobody talks about this.

Anyone who really likes the "old morality" can become a Mormon, or Amish, or go live in the Middle East, where it is still enforced with great cruelty.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 8:23 am

Y'all must be either really stupid or trolling. I give up here, you're all worse than politicians. Taking things out of context. Flip fooling and saying stupid things just to get people mad. I hope and pray y'all get in a really intimate relationship and find out all your kids came from different guys she's been cheating on, or if you're a woman that your husband gave you a really bad STD he got from someone while cheating on you. Maybe those things would teach you some sense.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 5:55 pm

MXH wrote:
Y'all must be either really stupid or trolling. I give up here, you're all worse than politicians. Taking things out of context. Flip fooling and saying stupid things just to get people mad. I hope and pray y'all get in a really intimate relationship and find out all your kids came from different guys she's been cheating on, or if you're a woman that your husband gave you a really bad STD he got from someone while cheating on you. Maybe those things would teach you some sense.

Your black and white world is scary, and your stabbing / stoning women sensationalist comments make you into the ultimate troll. Go away troll, and spread your hate speech elsewhere

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 8:53 pm

Surfman wrote:
MXH wrote:

Your black and white world is scary, and your stabbing / stoning women sensationalist comments make you into the ultimate troll. Go away troll, and spread your hate speech elsewhere

You seem to not know wha a troll is. There's a picture of you in the dictionary definition. Like I said hope some one screws you over big time and see you in the haven crying about it

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 10:05 pm

MXH wrote:
Surfman wrote:
MXH wrote:

You seem to not know wha a troll is. There's a picture of you in the dictionary definition. Like I said hope some one screws you over big time and see you in the haven crying about it

We have heard you say that already, along with other hate speech. Why dont you just shut up and not spoil it for others with your ugly rhetoric?

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:15 am

MXH wrote:

There are people who believe in, and fight, the sex wars.

And there are people who enjoy sex.

(Did you spot the logic there?)

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:07 am

How I wish I could un-read this thread... It's hard to see the difference between the awful woman in the OP and some of the people posting here :cry:

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 12:39 pm

Surfman wrote:
We have heard you say that already, along with other hate speech. Why dont you just shut up and not spoil it for others with your ugly rhetoric?

Why dont you stop breathing as to not spoil the air for others with your stupid remarks.