Page 6 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 2:21 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I think creepy is when guys talk to you like you are interested in them but you’re not and they don’t pick up on it. Awkward in excess is creepy.

I get really intense in relationships and have a jealousy problem when I think a female friend of a boyfriend isn’t worthy of him. Out of all the girls with autism I’ve met, I am very NT compared to the stereotype.

Another reason I don’t talk to women

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 3:57 pm

Yes, men should simply talking to women.

Actually... it is already happening, it is epidemic.

And that’s better, really, for both genders: Women don’t need to be approached because they have Tinder now and can literally pick a HOT guy anytime to date on the next weekend; and the average guys can now stop wasting their times with pointless approaching and stop being accused of creepiness.
Two problems solved.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Mar 2019, 8:03 pm

Here's some examples of creepy :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 8:38 pm

The older I get and the more I see of the world, the more I think I would be concerned to know about someone's online activity when getting to know them. If someone is raging at strangers or sadistically trolling teenagers or doing other weird stuff online I would want to know about that, because I think it says a lot about what kind of person you are if that is one of the ways you spend your time, anonymously venting sadism and abuse on people on the internet. So I would consider that kind of online behaviour as creepy because it makes a statement about what kind of person you are. It's a red flag.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 9:18 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
The older I get and the more I see of the world, the more I think I would be concerned to know about someone's online activity when getting to know them. If someone is raging at strangers or sadistically trolling teenagers or doing other weird stuff online I would want to know about that, because I think it says a lot about what kind of person you are if that is one of the ways you spend your time, anonymously venting sadism and abuse on people on the internet. So I would consider that kind of online behaviour as creepy because it makes a statement about what kind of person you are. It's a red flag.

For me, someone wanting to spy on all my online activity is creepy.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 9:28 pm

I absolutely agree with you. It's simply the modern version of someone asking other people who may already know the person to tell you a bit more about them. Sussing them out.

In addition to weeding out creepy people (male or female), looking a person's online presence, if possible, can also determine whether the person is a zealot (e.g. political-liberal or conservative) in which case, unless you're a similar zealot, you can than run for the hills.

Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 9:36 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:

I wouldn't spy on anyone to find out, I would just ask them. It's true they could always lie about it, but I would still ask to see what they are willing to say about their online activity. I'm perfectly happy to talk to people about what I do online and how I talk to people because I have nothing to hide, and I would hope anyone I was dating would feel the same. If they don't want to talk about it at all, that would also be a red flag. But I'm not going to breach anyone's privacy, just ask questions like I would ask about how they are with their family but I wouldn't spy on them either. There is this thing called open communication, I would rather encourage that by talking with someone and asking questions.

Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 9:38 pm

Magna wrote:

I absolutely agree with you. It's simply the modern version of someone asking other people who may already know the person to tell you a bit more about them. Sussing them out.

In addition to weeding out creepy people (male or female), looking a person's online presence, if possible, can also determine whether the person is a zealot (e.g. political-liberal or conservative) in which case, unless you're a similar zealot, you can than run for the hills.

Exactly. And it's not necessary to spy on someone to find these things out, you can just openly ask about it. Not sure why people immediately went to spying, unless they are paranoid about something. I would just bring it up in conversation when in the "getting to know you" phase with someone, ask questions about like I would ask about other things in their background to get a better idea of who they are.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 10:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yes, men should simply talking to women.

Actually... it is already happening, it is epidemic.

And that’s better, really, for both genders: Women don’t need to be approached because they have Tinder now and can literally pick a HOT guy anytime to date on the next weekend; and the average guys can now stop wasting their times with pointless approaching and stop being accused of creepiness.
Two problems solved.

fixed: should simply STOP talking to women.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 10:38 pm

^ Never. I like talking to women. I like talking to them more than I like talking to men. Part of that has to do with the fact that I was raised nearly entirely by my Mom and I never had any brothers. I feel more comfortable around women than I do men in a lot of ways.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 10:42 pm

There’s nothing wrong with talking to women.

I do it all the time—it doesn’t mean I want to get into their pants.

Women might ask me directions. Or they might just want to talk. I’ve had that happen, and I knew I shouldn’t ask them out on a date or something.

Not talking to women at all reminds me of traditional Islam or some such religion.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 11:02 pm

I wouldn't find it creepy though I would find it a bit overbearing if they feel the need to monitor me. I do enjoy a bit of privacy and in turn I respect their privacy as it shows trust and any good relationship is built on trust. However, if one demonstrates they are untrustworthy, it is not an unreasonable request.

Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 11:21 pm

blackicmenace wrote:

I wouldn't find it creepy though I would find it a bit overbearing if they feel the need to monitor me. I do enjoy a bit of privacy and in turn I respect their privacy as it shows trust and any good relationship is built on trust. However, if one demonstrates they are untrustworthy, it is not an unreasonable request.

Like I said above, I wouldn't spy on anyone. I would just ask what sort of things they like to do when online and see what they tell me. There's no need to snoop to just talk about these things. I don't know why you guys assumed I would spy on someone's computer activity when I could just ask them about it directly, I never said anything about spying or snooping in my original comment. I'm curious why that was the assumption, though.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Mar 2019, 12:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There’s nothing wrong with talking to women.

I do it all the time—it doesn’t mean I want to get into their pants.

Women might ask me directions. Or they might just want to talk. I’ve had that happen, and I knew I shouldn’t ask them out on a date or something.

Not talking to women at all reminds me of traditional Islam or some such religion.
Women who knew me alittle bit like at work saw me as kind of a gay friend & liked talking to me. What creeped them out was me eventually asking them out. I never figured out how a straight guy who gives off a gay vibe can ask women out offline without coming off as creepy.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 8:59 am

Example of creepy on the dating sites , someone slu*ty who obviously has no understanding of STDs (Yes, creepy women exist) :

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 9:15 am

People, usually, aren't as stupid as they appear to be on these sex sites......