Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

I'm forced to write that it is ice hockey because, for some, hockey could mean field hockey instead.

As for hockey teams, I prefer the Montreal Canadiens and I dislike the Philadelphia Flyers because they have been unable to draft/develop goalies, or to trade for them. Plus I know enough about the Canadiens' prospect pool to say that there are several Habs prospects playing in the KHL while another could join them in a year's time.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 10:40 am

I've been a Leaf fan my whole life. They haven't been fun to watch the past few years though because their teams have been so bad and boring to watch. Now we just need a first line power forward left winger. Our top six centers suck but Bozak and Kadri could develop into good ones. I also played for eight years and regret quitting.

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2010, 2:34 pm

I like Hockey--mostly watch during the Olympics and I try and get to some of our college games. But there's not enough hockey on TV down here for me to follow a team regularly. I just like the sport, I guess.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2010, 5:34 pm

Devils FTEW!

I love hockey; I just wish the NHL had a TV contract with the local stations or at least ESPN so I could watch the games online. As it stands, I get one regular season game a year: the Winter Classic, which normally I don't care about as I find it gimmicky and normally I don't care about the teams playing.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 8:48 pm

I am supposing that Ice Hockey is simply Hockey played on Ice. All of these new sports hybrids...

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 9:00 pm

Ya Ice Hockey, as if there is any other that maters, Oilers fan here, but I will
cheer for most other Canadian team except for the godless Flames, Booooo

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 11:12 am

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
Devils FTEW!

I love hockey; I just wish the NHL had a TV contract with the local stations or at least ESPN so I could watch the games online. As it stands, I get one regular season game a year: the Winter Classic, which normally I don't care about as I find it gimmicky and normally I don't care about the teams playing.

If I don't get the channel a game is on I watch it on ATDHE or Justin.tv.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

Science_Guy wrote:
BroncosRtheBest wrote:
Devils FTEW!

Aren't those illegal though?

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
Science_Guy wrote:
BroncosRtheBest wrote:
Devils FTEW!

*shrugs*

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2010, 6:38 pm

But I dislike the Boston Bruins even more by now.

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2010, 2:38 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
Ya Ice Hockey, as if there is any other that maters, Oilers fan here, but I will
cheer for most other Canadian team except for the godless Flames, Booooo

I hate the Canucks.

Grew up watching the North Stars. Go to maybe 2-3 Wild games a year. The Xcel Center has to be one of the nicest venues for sports anywhere. Not a bad seat in the house.

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2010, 2:40 pm

Science_Guy wrote:
BroncosRtheBest wrote:
Science_Guy wrote:
BroncosRtheBest wrote:
Devils FTEW!

*shrugs*

Only to the person distributing.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2010, 9:32 pm

Anyway, the Winter Classic is tomorrow, which is good, but it's Penguins (blech) versus Caps (double blech), which is bad.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 6:59 am

I wish I could watch the NHL but I dont get ESPN America, so I make do with watching the Under 20's World Championships, the Spengler Cup and Elite League Ice Hockey (although I find the Elite League quite annoying as the WAY over emphasize the so-called 'fighting' and they seem to make such a big deal about two guys hugging and falling over on the ice, that they forget to play decent hockey.) But it's still better than nothing I suppose. Also I dont get to watch hockey often as it's only shown in the winter, so I tend to just have one big hockey binge around once a year.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:00 pm

Washington Capitals fan here. The Winter Classic was well played by the Caps (so tough for everyone who dislike the match up). Varly, Neuvy and Holtby are young net minders but great ones with many years with the Caps to come. Also I think the Vancouver Canucks are a great team in the Western Conference spite their current losing skid.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 8:59 am

I'm really starting to get into Ice Hockey * Dallas Stars Fan * 8) its weird because I'm the only one in my family who watches it.
Everyone else is into American Football, but I find boring to watch.