Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 7:56 am

...just after waking up?

My ears are way more sensitive than usual (and they're extremely sensitive all the time anyways) within about an hour after waking up. Does anyone else have this same experience, or a similar experience with another sense/other senses? Or does anyone know what might cause this?

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 8:25 am

For myself, I think a couple of things are going on. First, I have just been sleeping ... and at least *some* things have been "shut down and resting up" for the next day, but then in the morning it is like those same things all have to spend the first couple of hours just trying to get "settled in" and working once again ... and somethimes that can be even an all-day job that just never quite gets done.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 8:48 am

Do you ever wear earplugs at night? I have just been told by my audiologist that this is why I get super sensitive hearing, especially first thing in the morning.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 8:55 am

Jellybean wrote:
Do you ever wear earplugs at night? I have just been told by my audiologist that this is why I get super sensitive hearing, especially first thing in the morning.

No.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 1:16 pm

My right ear is so sensitive to alarm clocks that I cannot sleep on my left side with my right ear exposed. On the other hand I can't wake up w/o an alarm usually :lol:.

zombiecide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2010, 1:32 pm

My hearing and eyesight are keener after a good night's sleep.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 5:05 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
...just after waking up?

Perhaps you are more alert or anxious after sleeping, or after the waking dream phase.