Page 11 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 400
Location: Tennessee

08 Oct 2010, 9:31 pm

Everyone should chill while I troll my fellow short people with this link: http://www.shortsupport.org/Resources/employment.html

enjoy 8)



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

08 Oct 2010, 9:46 pm

Yeah well women in the workplace are put below even short men tbh.



nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 440

08 Oct 2010, 10:27 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Yeah well women in the workplace are put below even short men tbh.


My office has about 100 people. 95% are women. So in my case, women are not below the men.. but god help you if you're white, fat, or ugly.. then you get stared at and backstabbed and made fun of behind your back.

MY EXPERIENCE IS DIFFERENT THAN YOURS YOU'RE WRONG :P


_________________
"Everything counts in large amounts."


Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,931
Location: Croydon

10 Oct 2010, 9:40 am

hyperlexian wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
billsmithglendale wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
It reminds me of how a very tiny dog will bark excessively and continuously to ward off all of the "threats" it perceives, while the bigger, more secure dog will just eye those same "threats" and yawn.

I'm done with this thread -- keep telling yourself that there are no differences in people, and that everyone is mentally balanced, and that their physical being has nothing to do with their social life, preferences, or how they perceive the world (and how the world perceives them). Maybe if you tell yourself and the world the big lie long enough, everyone will believe it. I've lost interest in listening to the yapping anymore.


This is a strong correlation between a man's height and behaviour. Many people know of small-man-syndrome. It is easy to explain. It is well known scientifically that shorter men have less children all in all. If a short man does have luck in the dating game, he is either an alpha male or a jerk. Those guys have children that inherit the same characteristics. Short woman will not inherit this condition because they are not under same pressure.

It is not that short guys consciously over compensate for being short , but only short men with the most desirable characteristic have children

the problem... is that there is no correlation... there is no statistical connection between a man's height and any personality characteristics... in fact, according to published research, tall men are more likely to be aggressive, not short men.


I did do a google search and I did find evidence social characteristics are effected.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... story.html


Just read that and it makes sense. Although I don't get how average sized women are the envy of small women. From my experience small women are the most sought after. I wish I was short and delicate.

As for short men, I do agree. I've only known of one guy who is short (5'5") who doesn't have short man syndrome and is the most laid back guy I know.

The shortest guy in school had short man syndrome really really bad. I don't know that many short men but it makes sense from a scientific point of view.

so it looks like the evidence for and against short man syndrome is equally balanced:

-one study shows taller men are more aggressive
-one study shows no correlation between height and personality
-one study shows that shorter men are more jealous

the studies were looking at different aspects of personality. the study that supported short man syndrome was looking at whether short men are jealous of taller men (shown to be true), and the study that did not support short man syndrome looked at whether short men are more aggressive than taller men (not shown to be true).

both studies can be accepted as supporting common sense... short men are generally more jealous of taller men, but that jealousy doesn't lead to aggressive behaviour.


Maybe not always. The point was that small man syndrome is more common in small men.
There woman are known to prefer alpha males or/and taller men. Taller man have more children
statistically and so do alpha males . So the the process natural selection would mean a higher
ratio of shorter guys are going to be alpha males or aggressive, while taller nice guys would
have a easier time.



hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

10 Oct 2010, 11:34 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
billsmithglendale wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
It reminds me of how a very tiny dog will bark excessively and continuously to ward off all of the "threats" it perceives, while the bigger, more secure dog will just eye those same "threats" and yawn.

I'm done with this thread -- keep telling yourself that there are no differences in people, and that everyone is mentally balanced, and that their physical being has nothing to do with their social life, preferences, or how they perceive the world (and how the world perceives them). Maybe if you tell yourself and the world the big lie long enough, everyone will believe it. I've lost interest in listening to the yapping anymore.


This is a strong correlation between a man's height and behaviour. Many people know of small-man-syndrome. It is easy to explain. It is well known scientifically that shorter men have less children all in all. If a short man does have luck in the dating game, he is either an alpha male or a jerk. Those guys have children that inherit the same characteristics. Short woman will not inherit this condition because they are not under same pressure.

It is not that short guys consciously over compensate for being short , but only short men with the most desirable characteristic have children

the problem... is that there is no correlation... there is no statistical connection between a man's height and any personality characteristics... in fact, according to published research, tall men are more likely to be aggressive, not short men.


I did do a google search and I did find evidence social characteristics are effected.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... story.html


Just read that and it makes sense. Although I don't get how average sized women are the envy of small women. From my experience small women are the most sought after. I wish I was short and delicate.

As for short men, I do agree. I've only known of one guy who is short (5'5") who doesn't have short man syndrome and is the most laid back guy I know.

The shortest guy in school had short man syndrome really really bad. I don't know that many short men but it makes sense from a scientific point of view.

so it looks like the evidence for and against short man syndrome is equally balanced:

-one study shows taller men are more aggressive
-one study shows no correlation between height and personality
-one study shows that shorter men are more jealous

the studies were looking at different aspects of personality. the study that supported short man syndrome was looking at whether short men are jealous of taller men (shown to be true), and the study that did not support short man syndrome looked at whether short men are more aggressive than taller men (not shown to be true).

both studies can be accepted as supporting common sense... short men are generally more jealous of taller men, but that jealousy doesn't lead to aggressive behaviour.


Maybe not always. The point was that small man syndrome is more common in small men.
There woman are known to prefer alpha males or/and taller men. Taller man have more children
statistically and so do alpha males . So the the process natural selection would mean a higher
ratio of shorter guys are going to be alpha males or aggressive, while taller nice guys would
have a easier time.

but the research points to the exact opposite - tall men are more aggressive, whther it seems logical or not.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html