Page 12 of 13 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:00 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
Quote:
You can't have it both ways Hanotaux. You complain that people are not progressing but you don't want to do anything to help that.

Well, in America, we've done nothing but throw billions of dollars at black people in the process of hundreds of 'leg up' programs. So many schemes have been tried........ forced deseg, busing,....... even if I gave a damn, I'd just be at a loss as it seems that possibly the black community isn't putting in the effort on their end.

It seems to me its the black community that wants it both ways........ They always complain about how much 'the man' oppresses them and how bad they have it, but they sure don't complain about the handouts, government cheese, and the quality of life and level of entertainment in this country.

Besides that, I honestly have no idea what more whites could be doing to help blacks? We even voted in an affirmative action president. We throw billions and billions of dollars at minority communities, to see no noticeable improvement. So what else can one suggest?

Over the last 50 years, white progressives have tried everything to help out black people. For example, it was decided to send the top white teachers into hood schools and pay them double salary, as it was thought that 'the best white teachers,' would finally get through to incorrigible black students. But within weeks, most of these little old white ladies had nervous breakdowns from the sheer chaos of the hood schools.

Why should so much money keep getting funneled into dysfunctional communities when the roots of the problems are not addressed?

White American students are not any less intelligent than 'the Germans and Japanese,' (per our test scores.) Even though guys like Clinton won't admit it or state it publically, it is really the minority students with abysmal scores dragging everyone down, and then white students get unfairly shafted with 10-hour school days to compensate.

Consider the current Afro-American push to 'get rid of textbooks' in Public shools, per their delusions that black students 'Aren't verbal learners.' and can't be expected to be bothered with reading a textbook.

Quote:
If you want people to achieve and improve their position you first need them to believe that they can.

I do believe that you can and they can, but black people are so weaned on government handouts and seemingly won't do anything but rely on the Feds and
white people to continue to support them.

If you ever listen to black democrat politicians, pretty much every sentence is prefixed with things like "the government must," or "we need a program." Its always gotta be a taxpayer program for something or another.

I actually think that you are one of the few blacks who actually do transcend, but sadly, your society is not defined by its exceptions.

Well the fact that there ARE black politicians suggests that they aren't all feckless layabouts, and that there are not so many blocks between the average black citizen and anyone else. You're still being rudely generic about what is not just A race but many, but is this problem something to do with American Black culture, or counter-culture, or what? Is it something caused by a bad combination of two different cultures? Does the same problem exist with ALL minorities in the US, or just "blacks"?

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2010, 3:32 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
I actually think that you are one of the few blacks who actually do transcend, but sadly, your society is not defined by its exceptions.

That is where you are wrong. A lot of people are getting ahead. Ignoring that fact is what makes your posts sound racist and offensive.
Maybe you don't see it. Maybe ignorant gangstas make more noise and attract more attention and cause more aggravation. But you make it sound as though no black person is capable of doing anything. even though your head man is black.

The UK has different issues to the US. But here most of your comments apply just as equally to the poor white 'chav' lads.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7777956.stm

"How can it not know what it is?"

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:41 pm

BigK wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:

That is where you are wrong. A lot of people are getting ahead. Ignoring that fact is what makes your posts sound racist and offensive.
Maybe you don't see it. Maybe ignorant gangstas make more noise and attract more attention and cause more aggravation. But you make it sound as though no black person is capable of doing anything. even though your head man is black.

The UK has different issues to the US. But here most of your comments apply just as equally to the poor white 'chav' lads.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7777956.stm

I too noticed the parallels. The problem of "fashionable idiocy and ignorance" is clearly not race-discreet at all. So what is it that drives any group or culture to CHOOSE to be f*****g pigshit thick as if its something to be proud of? Golden question.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 5:06 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
Quote:
You can't have it both ways Hanotaux. You complain that people are not progressing but you don't want to do anything to help that.

Well, in America, we've done nothing but throw billions of dollars at black people in the process of hundreds of 'leg up' programs. So many schemes have been tried........ forced deseg, busing,....... even if I gave a damn, I'd just be at a loss as it seems that possibly the black community isn't putting in the effort on their end.

It's not that they're black that the money's being wasted though, it's the "leg-up" programs, I think. If they weren't targeted for benefits without working (well, sitting in a waiting room actually can be a lot of work if a person has no patience), they would probably seek to work for a living more often. Most immigrants from our southern border come here seeking employment and desiring to work, so the main amount of Latinos who illegally immigrate to the Estados Unidos quieren a trabajar. Pero los personas quien pueden obtainar peccuniam sin trabajando tienen no ration para trabajar.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 5:45 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
contribute to the probem... yes of course. nobody is disputing that. but they are not the majority of the problem, as someone was stating, according to this study.

if you try researching it yourself, you will see more evidence to support what i am saying.

funny but the full quote still supports my point, there are just extraneous summary details. what are you trying to prove here? i'm confused, because you keep offering information that furthers my own point. perhaps you are agreeing with me?

Whether they contribute to the problem or are the biggest part of the problem, we shouldn't be dealing with them being a problem at all!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 5:54 pm

How about we conquer Canada and assist all of the people seeking to gain access to this country up as far north as possible? They could then have plenty of work shoveling snow in the wintertime and it might be easier for them to learn French than English since French is closer to Latin, from which both Spanish and French have came, than English.

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2010, 7:10 pm

Quote:
even though your head man is black.

Yeah, I voted for McCain. Obama does not represent myself or my interests in any way, shape, or form. Even if he wanted to, I feel having a minority president is a slight to the majority. The majority should be represented by their own.

Quote:
Well the fact that there ARE black politicians suggests that they aren't all feckless layabouts, and that there are not so many blocks between the average black citizen and anyone else. You're still being rudely generic about what is not just A race but many, but is this problem something to do with American Black culture, or counter-culture, or what? Is it something caused by a bad combination of two different cultures? Does the same problem exist with ALL minorities in the US, or just "blacks"?

the whole agenda of most black politicians in America is ruthless aggrandizement of more power and resources for the black community, and screaming bloody racism whenever the black agenda is opposed.

If Mexicans were the majority, I can't imagine that Mexican politicians would give 2 s**ts about ensuring the welfare of the black community. Any other minority...... Asians, Latinos, Indians, or Arabs, would all focus on looking out for their own if they somehow concentrated the majority of power. They'd not give a damn if black people were 'struggling.' Its only White politicians that care about everybody.

For the most part, the sole activity of minority politicians is just pushing to get more resource allocation for their 'struggling communities,' and scream racism to get their way.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
If Mexicans were the majority, I can't imagine that Mexican politicians would give 2 s**ts about ensuring the welfare of the black community. Any other minority...... Asians, Latinos, Indians, or Arabs, would all focus on looking out for their own if they somehow concentrated the majority of power. They'd not give a damn if black people were 'struggling.' Its only White politicians that care about everybody.

I'm confused. Are you saying that only looking after yourself and those like you are good things, and thus that the minority politicians are all better than the white ones, or are you saying that only looking after yourself and those like you are bad, and thus that since you do these things you are yourself bad?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 11:31 pm

Please everyone, stop feeding the troll.

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2010, 12:33 am

Quote:
Please everyone, stop feeding the troll.

Hey Orwell.............

Quote:
I'm confused. Are you saying that only looking after yourself and those like you are good things, and thus that the minority politicians are all better than the white ones, or are you saying that only looking after yourself and those like you are bad, and thus that since you do these things you are yourself bad?

Chinese and Iranian politicians would laugh in the face of the Acorners.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:41 am

Hanotaux wrote:
White American students are not any less intelligent than 'the Germans and Japanese,' (per our test scores.) Even though guys like Clinton won't admit it or state it publically, it is really the minority students with abysmal scores dragging everyone down, and then white students get unfairly shafted with 10-hour school days to compensate.

My take on this...looking at SUCCESSFUL "black schools."

We need to take a hard line with education in America...strip the dead weight from the student body.

Let people drown in their own filth. Society has no obligation to support those who choose to fail.

Offer a starving kid in Nigeria an education, they will jump at it. Offer it to an American kid, they typically complain about having to do it. We have it too easy here.

The successful black schools don't tolerate the kid's crap. They are there to learn. If they are disruptive, they are disciplined. If they don't behave after that, they will be expelled from school. The educators will not tolerate disruptive kids who don't want to be there dragging down those who do. Parents are expected to take interest in their kid's education and future. Maybe these kids won't be wealthy or "successful" later in life but it won't be because they graduated as ignorant blacks with no sense of self-worth.

Here we force kids to go to school even if they don't want to be there. Well, let them drop out. We need an underclass what digs through trash to survive (a bit of sarcasm here). I have no compassion for people who choose to do the least they can and EXPECT to be rewarded for it. Yeah, some people make bad choices, but when they wise up, they are willing to work to improve, and it is THEN that they should be rewarded, not before.

Furthermore, in my experience, everything society does to "help" solve the issue of poverty or the social inequities of minorities actually tends to do more to worsen them. You only need talk to people on welfare who would like to get off of it to realize the system is designed to foster dependency, not eliminate it.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 6:32 am

what age do you feel it appropriate for them to be able to drop out?

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 8:19 am

Hanotaux wrote:
Chinese and Iranian politicians would laugh in the face of the Acorners.

I was looking for an explaination of the logical flaws in your argument, and I got a silly non-sequitur.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 8:27 am

zer0netgain wrote:
Offer a starving kid in Nigeria an education, they will jump at it. Offer it to an American kid, they typically complain about having to do it. We have it too easy here.

We do have it easy, but that is actually a good thing.

I think you go a bit too far with the sink-or-swim thing, though. Letting kids drop out too early is a bad idea, since they aren't old enough to be mature enough to make that sort of decision. If we start letting kids decide to drop out in 4th grade, we'll have a bunch that do that, then realize later that they are way behind with little chance of catching up.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 6:41 pm

Cut them some slack while they're murdering American citizens? I think not.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"