Are your concepts about the world seen as weird/eccentric?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2010, 12:31 pm

Every time I go on other forums, many posters tell me that my ideas and concepts about the world are simply weird and eccentric....and not in a positive way!:( Have you been told that by others? Is it the aspie curse to be seen as the one with the weird view of the world?

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:33 pm

i'm just told by ppl that know me well enough that it is no wonder that my perception of the world is bad

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2010, 1:07 pm

Alla wrote:
Every time I go on other forums, many posters tell me that my ideas and concepts about the world are simply weird and eccentric....and not in a positive way!:( Have you been told that by others? Is it the aspie curse to be seen as the one with the weird view of the world?

I'm always told that my ideas are too idealistic and Utopian. Like "We could fix problem X if people would just do Y or change their attitudes about Z". I assume that what is the most logical, and helps the most people will be the answer and get very angry that things don't work out that way. People tell me to stop being such a Marxist and that my ideas aren't practical. I guess I don't understand the concept of "practical" or something.

I think it's a Theory of Mind thing--or an adolescent idealism that I haven't matured beyond...

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 1:16 pm

I really haven't been lambasted yet for my worldviews and such. On a large amount of forums ive frequented, I get a large amount of people who tend to agree with a large amount of my philosophical, political, and worldview/humanity view banter and rambling.

However, I have been told by a few wide eyed idealists that my views are way to dark and sarcastic and stuff. What do you expect me to do, view everything as all sparkly and filled with rainbows and unicorns? I THINK NOT!

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 1:22 pm

Yeah...

Poppycocteau
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

Yes, I get told this sort of thing a lot. And I get laughed at.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 3:28 pm

Oh, yes! Me too. My world views have always been the object of ridicule and disagreement.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

wornlight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2010, 4:26 pm

Only by people who don't understand them.

ProfessorCrow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2010, 5:18 pm

Spyral wrote:
I'm always told that my ideas are too idealistic and Utopian.

This. Exactly this.

-Crow

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

26 Sep 2010, 6:39 pm

I am usually told that I am paranoid...gee I wonder why

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 7:22 pm

Spyral wrote:
People tell me to stop being such a Marxist and that my ideas aren't practical. I guess I don't understand the concept of "practical" or something.

I think it's a Theory of Mind thing--or an adolescent idealism that I haven't matured beyond...

I think that being someone who is interested in social justice and the common good makes one an oddball these days, which is a very sad commentary on society, not on those of us who care about what is right. :wink:

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 3:57 am

Spyral wrote:
Alla wrote:

I'm always told that my ideas are too idealistic and Utopian. Like "We could fix problem X if people would just do Y or change their attitudes about Z". I assume that what is the most logical, and helps the most people will be the answer and get very angry that things don't work out that way.

Yes, that's it. Utopia generally relies on a population by people who've been raised properly, and not fed excuses that legitimise their giving in to greed and hatreds. :?

Still,

"In 1649..." :)

The year is still young.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 4:14 am

How carefully I've shaped you in the solitude of days
How peaceful is my mind entwined in cord around my fingers
How sweet the days I've marked in knots I've tenderly caressed
So many times I've touched you, reached you, teased you
Now fingering these veins of hemp
Their hair upon my skin
And how gently, quickly you will sleep
Slip into my collection with its bristles, coils, intentions
Yet your words will be unfaithful before I set you free
Slip as life is bound to slip from this entropy disorder
Then tied and laid upon the floor in perfect symmetry
'Til the frayed edge of your lips on mine
Positioned, placed at ease once more
'Til this restlessness returns I turn and turn and turn again

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2010, 5:42 am

Not weird nor eccentric, people just don't believe that those ideas are actually mine because I act so childishly.
Ideas such as how I see other people, that I just see everyone as someone with a story written and the end of which has yet to be written. Or how I see everyone as indifferent and ignorant to some extent due to their failure to focus on the reality of their negative actions.
I say things like that and act like a stupid, shy, 5 year old. Of course they don't believe me, but at the same time they think I'm a genius deep down and I don't realize it.
I'm a proud aspie which is a bad bad thing. Because I see nts as people who will never understand my thinking.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2010, 8:50 am

Definitely. They way I see people, how they live, act, and how the world looks is strange in my mind. Plus having synesthesia, it's even weirder. I actually thought everyone saw things (the synesthesia part) the same way, colors, etc. until a few years ago. :?