Do you study a lot?
All the time 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Almost never if at all 57%  57%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 23

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 10:18 pm

Is it odd to need to study a lot of almost never?
Personally, if I study a lot I forget all the material, so I have to pace my reading, etc. so I don't have to review much if at all.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 9:12 am

Nowhere near as much as I should :( . I blame WP....

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2010, 11:10 am

I study too much. I don't know when to stop. Not because I enjoy it, but because I have too high expectations of myself. It's terrible and quite stressful.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2010, 11:54 am

I can devote hours at a time to studying something that I'm interested in, but if I'm not interested in it, it's like my brain shuts off and the words on the page have no meaning. Everyone tells me that I have to go to college, but I don't know how I'm going to make it every day if I go.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 1:54 pm

I try to study at least a couple of hours a day. Homework takes up so much time though.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Chipz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Sep 2010, 12:51 am

I wish I could vote for both...

In my more advanced mathematics courses (Analysis Courses), and advanced Physics courses which required mathematical modelling I had to study a TON! Because I was never provided with an absolute solution, following instructions in a step by step manner is a lot harder for me.

However; if it was simply a matter of reading facts or listening to a lecture I never got less than a 95% without studying.

It boils down to memory, as long as I closed my eyes and stopped intentionally listening I could remember almost all of it.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 11:51 pm

I study consistently but not a lot. I will study about three hours a day which includes homework. The homework often takes up most of my time.

Often, I will read the chapter for the textbook and then go to sleep. All my short term memory goes into long term memory, and I do not have to study again.