Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2006, 3:15 am

What motivates you? What gives you your drive? What do you strive for in life? I think that most aspies this will be there interests. I think that is unhealthy for people to not have some thing that drives them forward to achieve. When people have no goals and nothing to achieve or look forwards to I think this is a large contributing factor to depression (other than the obvious causes).

What drives me is to be the best I can be at Taekwon-Do and to be better than others. I love fitness and the limits and possiblitys of movement that the human body is capable of with training facinates me. I am already capable of doing some things now that only a few years ago i would not of thought they were physically possible.

Some other things that motivate me is to get a job and get a steady income. And also find a girl friend in the near future (yea right thats been my goal for years) and one day in the far future (5 years plus) settle down.

Also any one else interested in training with weighted clothing or ankle and wrist weights and wearing them all day long?
If any one wants to talk more about fitness go ahead i love talking about training and stuff.

Anyway so back to the topic what motivates you in life? What drives you forward?

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2006, 3:21 am

What motivates me?

Well completing my accounting degree and getting a nice paying job, moving back to Melbourne, being able to travel the country and the world, getting myself pretty fit and well toned, being able to have the money to enjoy the nice things of life I always wanted to experience, have the opportunity to be in romantic relationships and find that one special woman to spend the rest of my life with. Those goals keep me going and give me happiness.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2006, 6:30 am

The prospect of putting the $15 Dollars that I would normally spend at a Weight Watchers Weigh-In into my Hobby Envelope and using that money to pay for a couple of special Model Routemasters that I'd like to order and purchase, will give me the Motivation that I need in order to get myself to my Healthy Weight. Not the number of Lbs that the Women's Weight Charts dictate that I should weigh. Something more along the lines of a goal of 150 Lbs, so that I can wear my Velvet Suits again, Baby. I'll be doing a more conventional method of Weight Reduction, by counting Calories, and for each sucessful Week, I'll put $15 Dollars into my special Envelope, along with the $50 that I'll contribute, out of each monthly Cheque that I get. I find that Weight Watchers is getting expensive, and since they've switched over from Wining Points, to Flex Points that I've gradually gotten off track, with each passing Week and Month. I find that putting money towards a Hobby, as a Weight-loss Motivator makes more sense to me. So does Calorie Counting.

Another thing that I'll start doing, Next Week, is kicking the Coffee Habbit. I'll be doing the exact same thing that I'm doing with my Healthy Eating Plan. For every week that I go without having ONE cup of Coffee, I'll put another weekly $15 Dollars towards my Routemaster Fettish.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2006, 8:04 am

What motivates me? Well right now only thing that get's me going is getting my novels published.