Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 9:06 pm

I had this weird attack today & I'm not sure if it would be classified as a panic attack or not? :?
It started off with a friend hugging me w/o warning me & I did my usual flinch/pull away thing cause I hate being touched. I than left to go the bathroom & calm down. I went back to dinner to drink some tea & water & try to stay awake b/c for some reason sudden physical contact can drain me to the point where I want to collapse (but sleeping afterwards would probably be bad). I didn't want to be alone at this point b/c I thought I'd fall asleep or something while alone it could've been bad. I also felt like I was going to vomit & just out of it. I was okay until two people fell on me & I started to withdraw again. Than I went back to my room & by the time I got back I was crying & only managed to stay standing b/c I needed to pee that badly (GO H2O + TEA!! !) :roll:. Than I was shaking & switched from a skirt to pants somehow before I collapsed crying in bed for... anywhere from 1-10 minutes I have no idea. I ended up calling a friend while crying b/c I was so disoriented that I couldn't get out of bed (my legs wouldn't of worked) & was having lower abdominal cramps. I recovered afterwards by talking to said friend & someone else (he wasn't familiar w/ panic attacks) & afterwards laid in bed in the dark w/ some music playing for about twenty minutes. Now I'm just drained & not sure what to call this b/c I kept trying to fight the attack off (I could feel myself losing it after the 1st hug) for over an hour & finally lost it...

pandorazmtbox
Toucan
Toucan

27 Sep 2010, 9:46 pm

Sounds like a meltdown from sensory overload. Anxiety or Panic attacks have lots of adrenaline and many people confuse them with heart attacks because it can make you hands numb, your breath short, and your heart pound. You describe disorientation and exhaustion which is a very different feeling.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

That seems like one of my famous emotional meltdowns, with the uncontrollable crying.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 10:43 pm

Is it odd to think needing to pee really badly can delay meltdowns?