Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2010, 8:58 am

I don't know about you guys, but I am very weird about headphones. I like the "earbud" style best, because I have stretched earlobes and the over-ear style can hurt my ears. The problem is that earbud headphones generally have low quality sound. And more and more manufacturers are making the in-ear kind which I cannot stand. They plug up my ears and make them feel gross.

I've found these great headphones:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PIIQ ... Id=9951851

First of all, they look awesome. There are other colors, too. I just love that they look like little gas masks. Second, they have fantastic sound for earbuds. AND they're comfortable to wear!

Do you have any preferences with headphones? How do you solve sensory issues with them?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Sep 2010, 10:43 am

actually am the complete opposite. Hate the earbud headphones. Sticking anything in my ear drives me crazy, they always fall out too. I like big puffy over the ear ones.

QuelOround
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2010, 12:25 pm

I really like the in ear ones.. My favorites so far are the Skull Candy brand... I don't have turn my iPod so loud because it drowns out all the outside noises I don't like. They are awesome and they are like 20 bucks at the most. I also have stretched earlobes...

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 2:54 pm

I prefer earbuds - Sony, Panasonic, or even the ones included with ipods are all fine for me. The truth is though they are a pain in the butt - always falling out entirely, or at least coming loose. They sound best when there's a good seal between the headphone and your ear, so theones that come with the little rubbery covers these days I think are best. In any case, I hear that earbuds from the upscale brands like Seinheiser are really good but I've never tried them - some of them even come with molding kits so you can make the rubber attachments custom for your own ears. In any case I find most earbuds to have great sound quality as long as they're in your ear tightly.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 3:42 pm

I use only big headphones. I hate the plugs, because they're too big and they fall.
My favourite brand is Sennheiser. I had plugs, MXL 70 VC, but they weren't comfortable, so I replaced them to PX200.
I talk on Skype with PC31 on my ears and I listen to music with HD202.
I'd like to buy wireless PX310BT.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2010, 5:06 pm

I find it interesting that some of you can handle the in-ear headphones. I just can't stand them. It's the weirdest feeling in the world to me and I hate it.

QuelOround - Awesome! How big are they? Mine are 3/4", but I've hated the over-ear headphones since before I stretched them. They're just even more uncomfortable now. I have one pair I can stand but they have a fabric cushion which is starting to smell funny.

Valoyossa - I don't know what any of those numbers mean!

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 5:35 pm

I prefer the sound of large headphones but only ever use earbuds due to them being far more practical. I've been using Shure SE530s for years now since their release and am now using a set of Shure SE535s I just purchased to replace them as I had durability issues with the former's cable (the new mdodel has modular cables).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 1:20 am

i can't function without my sennheiser hd580 cans, because they have large soft earcups to totally cover my big floppy ears in comfort. they are the most transparent, neutral-sounding phones i have found for the duckies. i can use nothing lesser-quality, as i need as clear a window onto the soundscape as i can afford, doing audio restoration work. though if i had the fundage, i'd rather use a pair of mackie monitors.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 1:24 am

I run Sennheiser HD-215s, which are beautiful sounding phones than won't murder your wallet. I can't stand any headphones that go in or press on the ears.

QuelOround
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2010, 12:53 am

Mine are pretty small 7/16 I think. I have to keep letting them close every time I get a sh***y job. I only prefer the in ear ones because they really do drown out all the gross outside noises... I hate the humming of electrical machines.

Khalaris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2010, 9:39 am

I can't stand in-ears either.

Outside I use Sennheiser or Sony earbuds. Nothing too fancy, though. I don't like turning the volume up too far, so there's always a lot of backgrund noise.
At home I use AGK K701s, which sound just perfect.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:59 am

Jacoby wrote:
actually am the complete opposite. Hate the earbud headphones. Sticking anything in my ear drives me crazy, they always fall out too. I like big puffy over the ear ones.

This.

At the moment I use a pair called Sennheiser PX 100-II, they cost £30, play music at a decent quality, and have served me well :)

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:44 pm

I have a pair of Ultimate Ears Metro-fi 220 canalphones and a pair of Sennheiser HD555 over the head type phones. I use them both daily.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 3:53 am

anybody here have any experience with electrostatic headphones such as those made by koss?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm

I like the ones that fit over my ears.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:15 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like the ones that fit over my ears.

do you mean over or around? just curious. the sennheiser HD series are all large cans that are "circumaural" meaning they enclose the ear around the periphery. they are more comfortable than ones that sit on top of the ear, pressing down upon it, such as those made by grado for instance.