Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:32 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
It was 73 earlier this morning and I was chilled (FL is usually 80's 90's) So I put on a thick sweater. Sure it warmed up to 82 (which is nice) but that little nip of 73 no thanks! I HATE Winter! I also hate cold shower water I usually have the water on hot to where my skin is red.

In that weather, Id still be wearing shorts and a shirt. It is warm compared to how cold it could get up here in Alberta. In the winter, it could get as cold as -50 C with the windchill...So cold, that after a few seconds, one cannot feel their nose.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:52 am

Tory_canuck wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:
It was 73 earlier this morning and I was chilled (FL is usually 80's 90's) So I put on a thick sweater. Sure it warmed up to 82 (which is nice) but that little nip of 73 no thanks! I HATE Winter! I also hate cold shower water I usually have the water on hot to where my skin is red.

In that weather, Id still be wearing shorts and a shirt. It is warm compared to how cold it could get up here in Alberta. In the winter, it could get as cold as -50 C with the windchill...So cold, that after a few seconds, one cannot feel their nose.

now that's what I call dead cold...

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Oct 2010, 1:04 am

I intensely dislike the cold. Where I live, we have long, cold winters. 73F does not sound bad to me at all. In my part of the world, the average daytime winter temperature is around
20F. At this moment, it is 32F outside.

necroluciferia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2010, 2:52 am

I hate the cold. I feel the cold really easily even when others still feel quite warm.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 2:54 am

I can tolerate the mid-high 70s indoors, outdoors 60 something to 90 is okay, even when it's humid (like it always is here).

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:47 am

Yes. I aboslutely hate it, and when people say how much they love snow too.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 11:33 am

Question: Anyone hate the cold?
Truthful answer: Yes, I do.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:52 pm

I'm most comfortable in the kind of environment most people call "stuffy". I've never seen why they think it's a bad thing.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 6:45 pm

I can not stand anytype of heat and humity. I love the cold and snow especially durring a white out.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 7:14 pm

Tory_canuck wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:

Ya waiting at a bus stop in -50c, or having a bbq nothing can be more canadian then that, its weird we may b***h about the cold weather but its really not as bad as it sounds, I grew up in northern Alberta and would go ice fishing with my family, the temp on some mornings was in the -60c range, I never once gotten frostbite

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 7:19 pm

[quote="zeldapsychology"]It was 73 earlier this morning and I was chilled (FL is usually 80's 90's) So I put on a thick sweater. Sure it warmed up to 82 (which is nice) but that little nip of 73 no thanks! I HATE Winter! I also hate cold shower water I usually have the water on hot to where my skin is red.[/quote

I am used to temps between 62 and 65. At night we turn the stat down to 60 and use p.j. and covers to keep warm. It saves on fuel.

ruveyn

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 10:12 pm

I don't like extreme heat or cold.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

I can take the cold but my joints in my hand and other places since some of them are hypermobile the pain becomes alot.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 1:51 am

Friskeygirl wrote:
Tory_canuck wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:

Ya waiting at a bus stop in -50c, or having a bbq nothing can be more canadian then that, its weird we may b***h about the cold weather but its really not as bad as it sounds, I grew up in northern Alberta and would go ice fishing with my family, the temp on some mornings was in the -60c range, I never once gotten frostbite

The only thing that I don't like about the cold is when it gets cold enough that I have to go outside and plug my vehicle in because it is so cold it won't start. I never tried waiting for a bus since I drive, but it does get annoying when the truck won't start and I have to plug it in and wait. Also scraping ice and snow off the windshield when it is snowing and blowing isn't that fun either. Driving on icy roads is not fun either.....especially the road between Wetaskiwan and Camrose in Whiteout conditions. The cold does not bother me as much as what will the roads be like today?

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 3:10 am

I hate the cold, and I am of ethnic makeup of small, fine boned people who lived in tropical heat, so my body is not made for it. When I lived in Europe, I was always wrapped up in so many layers, I looked ridiculous compared to the Europeans who were in one smart coat, scarf and hat.

Taking a break.

jaspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Oct 2010, 3:51 am

In the Temperate South zone,winter for me is blissful.Especially when the densest part of the Milky Way is visible.