Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2010, 1:07 pm

I gamed/and/or was involved in some way with many, many mods for RTW, particularity the realism mod (beat every campaign hardest mode 8p), and Napoleon Total war 2 (mod of RTW) which I was heavily involved in. You can imagine what my ladder ranking in ETW was the first week: 103 wins, 3 d/c (for me) and 2 losses (and I played with no rules and went from using 1 arty piece to 0 every game). NTW is the same story. Helped run a napoleonic clan for a while, since I have less time it's all more casual now, have not played in a bit.

So yeah, I know of the series. :roll:

ViajeroAstral
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2010, 3:43 am

TLOZ is an epic saga, is just one of the best video games in the world, OoT is considered the best video game in history,and I think they're right. My first Zelda was Link's Awakening, it was a great experience, being more a fan of plataforms games.

One thing that I dont like in the most recent Zelda's (I know that this would sound like a nonsense) is that Link is not left-handed anymore, that was something characteristic of him (and well, the fact that I am a lefty has something to do with being one of my favorite video games characters :P ), it gave him something to excel with, apart of the ears and the green cloth, like part of his personality (he never speaks, so basicaly he hasnt any personality at all :lol: ).

kinftw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 12:15 am

ZELDA! woot!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 9:42 am

I have Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess, so I like the series:/

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 3:15 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

Those are the two worst games in the series...

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 3:43 pm

Xenu wrote:

you thought twilight princess was bad?! 8O :shameonyou: :dwarf:

MU
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Nov 2010, 5:55 pm

A Link to the Past was the one that started it all for me. I think it still is my favorite. Happy was the day that I beat it with 0 game overs. Now I only have the GBA version. When it rains, I sometimes think of the beginning music where Link first hears Zelda is locked up in the castle.

Twilight Princess would have been perfect if it only had a mirror shield and biggoron sword in it. I hope Skyward Sword can deliver them again.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 6:29 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Xenu wrote:

Twilight Princess was terrible, It tried to hard to be like Ocarina Of Time is just lost any attempt it had at having it's own identity. The story and game just felt like a massive rehash of the previous games and was WAY too easy.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 6:53 pm

I think that I didn't like all of the wolf parts of Twilight Princess, it took away from feeling like I was playing Link and there was very little freedom from how you had to approach parts where you were forced to play as it, I understand transformation were in Majora's Mask, but you always felt like you were playing Link. Currently it is in my to be finished pile of games, but I supose most Wii games have had that effect.

I also have to finish Phantom Hourglass, there seems to be the downside that if you do not play for a while and forget what youd did you have no idea what to do next, well I have the cool strategy guide that I have bookmarked and could use to help me when I get the urge to finish it.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2010, 3:51 am

Lol. My girlfriend told me she loves the moon because she is a cancer. She told me its the most beautiful thing she knows. Then I told her to look up the Majora's Mask Moon and it will change her mind. Well she didn't change her mind, but she at least agreed that the moon in Majora's Mask is fugly.

shaun1e
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Dec 2010, 8:27 am

I've only completed the N64 and NDS Zelda games so far, but I will agree unreservedly that the Legend of Zelda series is one of the three best series in gaming-the other two being Mario and Sonic.

I will say, though, that my favourite so far is Ocarina of Time. And I can sense the hate coming my way for this next bit: I liked the Water Temple, I thought it was fun. There. I said it.

Seriously, though, the Water Temple was a real challenge-and there aren't many of those in Zelda these days. Heck, there aren't that many in videogames anymore, unless you count Mega Man, which is basically one big challenge. Ok, and MAYBE Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2.

And challenges make a game good. Although the three days mechanic in Majora's Mask did get a bit annoying near the end, it was still a great game nonetheless. Bringing back the Ocarina was a great idea, and the number of Masks is enough to keep anyone satisfied-especially the Fierce Deity one-that gave a reason to go fight all the bosses again, just to try it out!

Moving forward to the DS games, I don't understand why people disliked Phantom Hourglass. It was a great game, and the sailing mechanic, not quite new to the franchise, was still a good addition. The temples were quite well-thought-out, and the final boss was an interesting use of many different gameplay mechanics-including the sailing one mentioned earlier.

Spirit Tracks, though, beat Phantom Hourglass hands-down. Better use of items, better items, better bosses, more collectibles and side-quests, an incredible boss battle-that in fact ranks highly on a top ten Zelda boss list on YouTube-and not forgetting of course the rabbits. I liked that minigame.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 7:19 pm

I'm getting Twilight Princess for the Wii, as soon as they clear the snow off of Hwy. 287 so I can go to Ft. Collins and buy it.

However, Spirit Tracks is the best out of all the newer games. As for the best series wise, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are pretty much tied for the lead.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

oat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jan 2011, 9:54 pm

Xenu wrote:
imbatshitcrazy wrote:
Xenu wrote:

Twilight Princess was terrible, It tried to hard to be like Ocarina Of Time is just lost any attempt it had at having it's own identity. The story and game just felt like a massive rehash of the previous games and was WAY too easy.

i agree about twilight princess it just wasnt enjoyable and has no replay value for me.
mm and oot are the greatest of the series

Anspaughnato
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jan 2011, 10:14 pm

My favorite would have to be Majora's Mask.

The soundtrack is phenomenal!

I remember as a little kid I always wanted one wish, and that wish would be used to transform me into Link. :3

Bunnygirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2011, 12:41 pm

I got Windwalker for Christmas...It's awesome! Had to get a gamecube controller and memory card to attatch it to the Wii...I love it!

oat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jan 2011, 2:23 pm

Anspaughnato wrote:
My favorite would have to be Majora's Mask.

The soundtrack is phenomenal!

I remember as a little kid I always wanted one wish, and that wish would be used to transform me into Link. :3

majoras mask rocks ^^ its one of those games i always want to play and never get bored, and oot :) my favorite zelda music is in mm too.