Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

tonin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2010, 1:11 am

My neighbours knew my parents well but since taking care of the property I have had virtually no contact with them. They have tried to connect but I was not sure how to respond and let the friendship opportunity go.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 4:24 am

I don't know girls from my floor in the dorm. I can't recognise them, they probably can. I've never talked with any of them.

I don't know my neighbours. Some of them I recognise and I must say hello to them, but I've never talked with them too.
I hate when I walk and my neighbour works in the garden and she tells You're so big girl! and I go away. I hate this! I'm not 5 y.o. all my life, so ya, I'm big.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Last edited by Valoyossa on 01 Oct 2010, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 4:30 am

No, but I know their daughter who's friends with my sister.
My neighbours on the other side of the house I only met once, that was when I was about 12 and I caught the school bus even though I was supposed to be picked up that day, I panicked and I knocked on their door asking to use their phone while crying my eyes out :roll: great first impressions.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2010, 4:49 am

I know a few of my neighbors. Mainly because my mom is friends with them.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:46 am

Yes, they do... and they are very kind to me.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 6:45 am

kind of they have offered me some furnitures :P anddo know me by sigth

necroluciferia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2010, 7:01 am

We have a couple next door who I know, mainly because my partner has initiated plenty of conversation with them but while I'll talk to the wife if I see her out in the garden, about the weather or their dog, with her husband it's always just an awkward "Hi, are you alright?" I feel really embarrassed when I hear the conversations they have with the couple on the other side of them, they must think I'm such a boring nonentity.

There's an old lady on the other side who I really avoid whenever I can help it. When I moved in she said to me "You're very quiet" which really wound me up the wrong way and I took a dislike to her after that. I find old people hard to talk to, because she is hard of hearing so I have to talk really loud, and I'm always scared of offending old people because they are so touchy, and she is always making judgements on me because I don't do a lot of work in the garden (I'm too paranoid, so my partner deals with that stuff) and because I don't work so she thinks I'm lazy and just probably laze around the house all day watching tele or something.

I don't know any of the other people who live around here. I try to keep to myself as much as possible.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 5:59 pm

I could give lots of excuses as to why I don't want to interact with my neighbors, but the truth is I don't know how to give them the impression of me I want them to have, so it's just easier to ignore them.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Oct 2010, 6:05 pm

We have lived in our neighborhood (relatively rural) since 1989. We (my wife and I) went out to eat with our closest neighbors (a couple a little older than us) for the first time this past summer. However, we know them. But as far as talking to them like many neighbors do, I probably communicate with them once every two weeks to a month. The neighbors across the road from us, I have talked to maybe once or twice. And the same for the neighbors on the other side of me and behind me.

Ssssss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2010, 6:09 pm

They know I am there.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 6:15 pm

I live on the top floor of a six apartment building. I sometimes run into the schitzophrenic guy who lives on the basement floor, and know his name and have met his cat. I also say hello to the lady who comes into our building to use our laundry machines (she has a white labrador retriever). Other than that, I do not interact with my neighbors, nor would I know them if I saw them.

Last edited by OddFiction on 02 Oct 2010, 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2010, 6:16 pm

Seeing as I live with my parents, in the same house that I was raised in, I think it's safe to say that my neighbors know me pretty well. I don't know how I'll deal with getting to know my neighbors once I move out, though.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

i have lived in a rented house on a cul-de-sac for 2.25 years. the house next to me on one side has been vacant for 2 years. the other side is a quiet widower. the other 2 houses of people keep to themselves. the only exciting occurrences have happened with the house across the street. lots of parties and drug deals out of that house... police & ambulances visited fairly regularly. but they moved out a week or two ago i think.

spacedog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2010, 8:59 pm

they try to make my life hell

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 9:07 pm

Mine know me very well, and they're very nice, and very good cooks.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

No. They barely know me.