Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ajlposh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2010, 5:13 pm

At home, I know my neighbors, but I'm gonna go in a little bit of a different direction now. You see, I'm in college, and I live in a dorm. I don't really think anybody in my dorm knows me. Hell, I don't even think my roommate knows me that well.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 5:35 pm

I know my nearest neighbors well enough to say hello and have a brief conversation. However, my husband and I live in a very kid-oriented neighborhood; most of the people know each other because their kids all go to the same school, and play with each other. My husband and I are childfree (I told him the suburbs were for people with kids, but he insisted on a suburb; he now sees I am right), so we aren't part of the social groups that form around the children. That's all right; they are all nice, friendly people and I'm not one of those childfree people who is vehemently anti-child; in fact I like kids, and often talk to the kids as much as the adults (my dog is very popular with the neighborhood children). A couple of my friends, while not my direct neighbors, live pretty close by. I know them pretty well!

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2010, 4:16 am

I have never spoken to my neighbors.

Come to think of it, the only time any of my family has is when they accidentally get our mail, or vice versa

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:22 pm

Not really but I do know one of them moved away to Nebraska or Kansas, I don't remember which state. I know one of my other neighbors got in a car wreck because I always have to see his wrecked fender bender in the parking lot whenever I go outside or come home. The fella below me plays his music loud sometimes and he has a room mate, his brother, and the guy who lives next to him has two kids who live with him off and on. Then there is the man who lives across from me but I don't know him well. I don't know any of my neighbors well. Nor the ones who live in houses.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Oct 2010, 1:32 pm

no, my landlord and her husband are the only nieghbours that know me

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:37 pm

No, I pay little of no attention to my neighbors and I want them to pay little attention to me.

dreamcaster85
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2010, 1:39 pm

hahaha I have no idea who my neighbors are and I've lived here since 1985

BloodYeti
Raven
Raven

27 Oct 2010, 3:19 pm

I know the names of my neighbors, but I couldn't identify them by sight. I think the last time I spoke to any of them was close to a decade ago.

Alternately, when I lived in my apartment, I could identify most of my neighbors on sight but didn't know their names. We talked occasionally, but it was typically about the feral cats in the area.