Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

bigcoop
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2010, 11:39 pm

Hi my name is Cooper,
Words cannot describe how awesome it is to finally find people I can relate to in a way that has never existed for me. My entire life I have tryed so hard to succede in a society so different from me. Things became real for me over the week and I've researched and observed testimonies of people who have brought up so many of the same things I thought no one else delt with. This passed monday i visited the Orthopedic Dr. to see what he had to say about me walking on my toes. I've been walking on my toes for twenty years. it got better in my teens, but i never grew out of it. my orthopedic dr. refered me to a neurologist. this was when i put things together, last month a friend of mine, a teacher made the comment that she had only seen toe walking in aspergers and autistic students. I've had so much trouble successfully maintaining friendships and never knew what i was doing wrong. I'm a nice guy, an EMT and a student, it hurt to be so mistreated and misunderstood. i have been so hard on myself and remember as just a child trying so hard to act like the other kids and it becoming a second nature and soon a first. I found information online and researched for hours at a time. I made a break through and now I'm in the process of going to a psychiatrist recommended by the local autism association chapter this tuesday. I have never felt so relieved and happy in my life to find so many answers to so many struggles in my life. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the testimonies and the motivation all of you have provided for people like me. I feel so blessed right now! My very being has never made sense until this week. The relief and the amount of progression I feel is too much for words. Thank you all! i look forward to sharing and listening with this community.
-Cooper

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 6:54 am

Hello, Cooper! Welcome to WP!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 1:42 pm

Welcome!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 3:18 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Oct 2010, 5:15 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 5:23 pm

Welcome to the unknown planet known as.....

WrongPlanet :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 9:08 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:03 pm

Hi Cooper, I walked on my toes too, and understand well. We're glad you found us. Welcome to WP. :)