PaleBlueDotty
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Oct 2010, 10:32 am

just read this article http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 111126.htm
and couldn't help scoffing reading the advice at the end:

"....speak up and assert themselves."

two qualitites that come natural to us..... :(

It also sounds like a statement from the Ministry of the Bleeding Obvious to me that responsibility for change lies with the victimized and not only with the bully, but again - catch 22 - this necessitates c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-i-o-n, a thing i am not terribly good at, especially in emotionally charged situations.
QED.

Last edited by PaleBlueDotty on 02 Oct 2010, 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:58 am

Yeah, I've heard the theory before - and in the same time we like to consider our society so "civilised", like jungle law isn't still alive and kicking... Oh, the irony!

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:20 am

Last edited by Willard on 04 Oct 2010, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:30 am

Its like saying to a kid at home with parents, 'dont be a victim'.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 5:02 pm

PaleBlueDotty wrote:
just read this article http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 111126.htm
and couldn't help scoffing reading the advice at the end:

"....speak up and assert themselves."

two qualitites that come natural to us..... :(

It also sounds like a statement from the Ministry of the Bleeding Obvious to me that responsibility for change lies with the victimized and not only with the bully, but again - catch 22 - this necessitates c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-i-o-n, a thing i am not terribly good at, especially in emotionally charged situations.
QED.

haha... speak up and assert themselves. Let me just say that really only worked with me when I became exceedingly violent towards those who would harass me.

communication and diplomacy are good and all, but sometimes actions speak that much more clearly.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 5:58 pm

And wheelchairs wouldn't be needed if the paraplegics could just get up and walk! No need for clothes in winter, just stay warm! No need for food, just don't starve! It's all so simple! :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 7:06 pm

Every time I stood up for myself, my bullies taunted me about my accent. They went from taunting me about one thing, to taunting me about my accent. My parents didn't help. They were just as bad..."DON'T TALK THROUGH YOUR NOSE!"

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 7:10 pm

Departments of Psychology all over the planet spread violence,injustice,inhuman perceptions and hinder the advance of mankind as they label the sensitive,shy and considerate as "antisocial" while attributing the violent herd like behavior to a positive correctional and necessary need of keeping the integration of society.
Professionals health takers are the worst bullies and they would never understand why some things can not expressed in a certain situation because they are totally clueless to the intricacies and complexities of the human mind and existence.
Professionals health takers doesn't get intimacy and love and sensitivity so they can never get why certain kind of people are constantly raped and like the Taliban or Iranian they put the blame on the victims
There is no catch 22 once u understand that we as an aspies can't count on no one
I believe history would judge those morons and eventually they get what they deserve
in the meantime we are alone
once u accept this harsh reality u have a better chance of recovery

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 7:15 pm

PaleBlueDotty wrote:

QED.

Communication with bullies is the worst option,
The game is set so everything you say or do would work against u.
U should run

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 10:16 pm

I come from a long line of quitters.