Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RetNet56
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2010, 11:46 pm

I often feel like a girl on the inside. I am still sexually attracted to girls though.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 12:22 am

Do you mean like effeminate thoughts or behavior? (I realize you are straight)

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:35 am

This isn't scientific, but I've read some trans* boards over the years and there seems to be unusually high percentage of ASC people (and people with ASC relatives) who are trans*. Not nearly a majority, but more than one would expect.

Oh, and orientation and "gender identity" -- the usual way those are conceptualized these days is that they are separate, independent things. IOW, "feeling female" (for lack of a better way of putting it) doesn't necessarily mean "attracted to men."

(trans* = transgender/transsexual/etc.)

Personally, I feel somewhere between neutral and slightly crossed-over (more so when I was younger). But not enough to want to do anything about it.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 8:19 am

I consider myself to be gender neutral, at best. I don't feel compelled to act masculine or feminine, although my feminine characteristics a lot of times overshadow my masculine characteristics.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:37 pm

Most mornings, but I sleep and wake up alone. :)

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 1:31 pm

I sometimes look at my arms and think "eww!! hairy!!". I would love my skin not to be hairy.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 1:49 pm

I don't feel particularly masculine or feminine.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Oct 2010, 9:03 pm

I feel like I'm a lesbian with a man's body sometimes. I'm an HSP(Highly Sensitive Person) & there is a stereotype that guys c an not be sensitive. I HATE sports, I like romantic comedies, love songs. I sometimes put on the Women's network to watch Rosanne & I occasionally watch movies on LifeTime as well. People think I'm gay sometimes but I'm attracted to women & NOT guys. I also tend to go more for women who are gay or have issues with men but I think I go for them because of their personalities because they are more accepting & relatable to me. i wish I was a woman because I probably wouldn't be alone if I was

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2010, 3:55 am

I don't know what it feels like to be a girl because I am not one, so I don't really know if I feel like a girl. At school, though, I used to be called a girl because I was smart/not good at sport. I have always like typically female activities and toys more than those that are typically 'male'.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Oct 2010, 5:23 am

SaxNerd wrote:
At school, though, I used to be called a girl because I was smart/not good at sport. I have always like typically female activities and toys more than those that are typically 'male'.

Same here & I had problems making friends partly because the guys thought I was gay & I couldn't fit-in with the women because I was a guy physically. If I was homosexual I would easily have a boy-friend because guys come on to me & if I was a woman I could probably have a girl-friend fairly easily because I tend to get along with lesbians fairly well.
To quote Shania Twain here~ "Man I feel like a woman" but I'm NOT going to try to change my gender because I'm very much a guy physically so I would never really be able to look like a woman & I would probably never be able to pass the psych evaluations either. Plus I'm fairly comfortable with myself the way I am. It's the social gender roles & being alone that I HATE

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 2:04 am

I often feel like a girl but there is never one around when I feel that way :lol:

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 4:06 am

Can't say that I do.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Ferdinando
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Oct 2010, 6:07 am

I guess I don't know what being a girl feels like. Once I know, I'll tell you.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 6:34 am

Old joke:

Two gay guys lose their keys and find a ladder so that they can get into a window.

The guy on the ladder says "I feel like a fireman"

His friend says "Where are we going to get one at this time of night?"

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 9:08 am

Quote:
I feel like I'm a lesbian with a man's body sometimes.

I used to a few years ago. But I don't get that any more. Now it's majorly masculine.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:57 am

i have never felt masculine in the least. i would not mind being born female, but i would never consider the brutal and expensive options available to change into one now. i have always been repelled by stereotypically masculine things like sports and aggression. bulky muscularity and hairiness also turn me off. i have always had feminine features and traits.