Page 6 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

any men here who have been bullied by women?
yes, i'm a man who has been bullied by women 50%  50%  [ 51 ]
no, i am a REAL man no woman would DARE to bully! 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
i am a woman and i would bully you in a heartbeat, you wuss! 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
i'm a conscientious objector in the war of the sexes 44%  44%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 102

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 12:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I'll add something. I can understand if you feel disappointed that people can be so insensitive and pointlessly cruel.

you're just more of a man than i am, i guess :(

I was thinking about this last night when I was out. Maybe it's the slur they used, rather than the incident itself. If somebody howled, "Cheeseball! You're a cheeseball!" would you feel just as victimized? Maybe it's the ugliness behind the word that upsets you.

But I'll say it again, ask anybody who bikes regularly, we all get it. People in cars know they'll get away. If they were all on foot, rest sure they wouldn't have done that.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 1:19 pm

Bullying can take various forms.In the workplace I've got woman managers who use their position to belittle and humiliate staff-usually the men.Although they're ok most of time,every now and then the power goes to their heads and they become unreasonable,aggressive and patronising.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 12:09 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I was thinking about this last night when I was out. Maybe it's the slur they used, rather than the incident itself. If somebody howled, "Cheeseball! You're a cheeseball!" would you feel just as victimized? Maybe it's the ugliness behind the word that upsets you.

they could say [and have said] relatively mild things like "HEY HOMER!" "HEY GOMER!" "YOU JACKWAGON!" and the fact that THEY YELLED at me still constitutes intimidation. that they honked their horns at me for no reason is intimidation. the fact that they stared at me and gave me the 1-finger salute is intimidation.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 3:36 am

I reckon it was verbal bullying and intimidation indeed since it did comprise of act(s) that involved a real or perceived imbalance of (social) power with the more powerful individual abusing the less powerful one (at least in her eyes).

It seems that nowadays intimidating innocent bikers is a means for achieving personal gratification.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 9:06 am

Booyakasha wrote:
I reckon it was verbal bullying and intimidation indeed since it did comprise of act(s) that involved a real or perceived imbalance of (social) power with the more powerful individual abusing the less powerful one (at least in her eyes). It seems that nowadays intimidating innocent bikers is a means for achieving personal gratification.

well put 8)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 9:31 am

zen_mistress wrote:
I have been bullied by males and females. Anyone can be a bully.

QFT +1

Yeah. It's the truth, sadly. :(

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 3:07 pm

Erisad wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

QFT +1

yeah, i don't really get the point here. shouldn't it be equally humiliating to be bullied by men or by women? what's the news on this thread - that women can be bullies too? as aspies, many of us are already painfully aware of that. all of it sucks, from any source.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 3:18 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Erisad wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:

QFT +1

yeah, i don't really get the point here. shouldn't it be equally humiliating to be bullied by men or by women? what's the news on this thread - that women can be bullies too? as aspies, many of us are already painfully aware of that. all of it sucks, from any source.

Agreed.

And in my personal definition of "bullying," a bully is someone who torments you over a long period of time. A one-time drive-by insult isn't "bullying" unless the same person keeps doing it again and again.

Besides, as a runner, I've encountered many rude motorists of either sex. Motorists are rude to pedestrians for one reason: because they can get away with it. They yell something rude, then hit the gas knowing you can't catch them.

It has absolutely nothing to do with gender.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Aspieallien
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 6:22 am

It does seem as if bullying is a form of natural selection. we are percieved as different, therfore a threat. So the bullying is perhaps then a means to eject us from their NT society. Perhaps if we become to timid to venture out again then they have hit their mark. I have experienced bullying at school, then work and even in public. I have had people openly laugh and make comments, stare straight into my car, make sarcastic grins or condesending smiles. And when they do they really want to make sure you notice. These people I think are trying to assert their superiority over me. This is really ironic considering that we tend to have above average IQs. I have found that bullying is worst when you show you can do things better than others. I think some NTs get jealous and perhaps they do feel threatened because we show we can do some things better than them, perhaps we are a threat to them in that regard. I am learning to use my bad experiences with people to prove the need to become a better person. Then they show themselves up for what they really are. I need do no more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 6:50 am

bullies serve as a bad example.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i was riding my bike down the sidewalk yesterday, minding my own business, when this lady in a honda automobile drove down the opposite side of the street, and blasted her horn at me for no reason, causing my heart to jump into my throat and causing me nearly to lose control of my bike. i whipped around to see and hear her yell "haha fag!" then zoom off. i have noticed far more cases of women behaving this way to me than men, and it makes me wonder why this is so. what possible threat could i represent to such women to make them want to intimidate me pre-emtively? what did i do to this bully woman in the car to make her want to go through the trouble of making bad karma for herself?
it made me chew on the subject of social darwinism for a while, and i came to the conclusion that these bullies see themselves as darwinian gene pool policemen whose job it is to weed-out the genetically unfit, to bully them until they decide to go and die somewhere.
i would really like to hear from y'all if ya have something to add-subtract-multiply or divide, concerning my jejune thoughts on this matter. :)

AuntBlabby,

Women can be horrible bullying brutes just like men. I have seen it myself, infact I have been bullied by more women in my life than men. And there is NO sense in it what-so-ever. AuntBlabby, please becareful out riding your bicycle, I don't want anything to happen to you.

Who's to say anyone is genetically unfit, NONE of US are perfect. Please don't feel that way about yourself. And I hope you won't hold it against us other women who are nothing like that hateful woman at all. It's obviously displaced hate and anger on her part.

Love Your Friend, TaupeyAna

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 11:22 pm

Taupey wrote:
AuntBlabby, please becareful out riding your bicycle, I don't want anything to happen to you.

Who's to say anyone is genetically unfit, NONE of US are perfect. Please don't feel that way about yourself. And I hope you won't hold it against us other women who are nothing like that hateful woman at all. It's obviously displaced hate and anger on her part.

Love Your Friend, TaupeyAna

:) 8)
vice-versa :)

Crocodylus Porosus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm

I have been bullied and harassed by both genders in the past, and still do, although not as bad. I am fine if other blokes try and take me on, I know that in just about any physical confrontation with people of a similar age/size, or even much larger, I am almost guaranteed to win hands down, always have. The thing that really gets to me is bullying by females. I have never been physically bullied by girls, although I get them being bitchy and extremely nasty with words a lot, and there's next to nothing that I can do about it. I'm a guy, and I pride myself on being as gentlemanly towards women as possible, therefore I never have, and never will be physically violent towards women, so I have no defence against their hurtful words, or destruction of my property. I just have to ignore it and get on with whatever it was I was doing.
I have been walking home from the gym just after dark, through the pretty rough neighbourhood I live in, (which is infamous for problems with the drug Ice), and a woman in the front passenger seat of a passing red Holden Commodore was hanging half out the window yelling incomprehensive abuse with large pieces of food falling out her mouth. She was most likely on Ice or another form of methamphetamines. My dad and uncle were assaulted outside the local recycling center by some youths on Ice, and my uncle was hit in the face with an 11in shifter (adjustable spanner) and hospitalised, while my 7yo sister looked in with horror from the car, which was open. Just a few things bout Ice: It gives a sustained adrenaline rush and therefore nearly superhuman strength, it makes the user extremely aggressive and incognito, and in one news paper incident of Ice down here, a bloke bit his best mates ear off while on it. It is in my opinion, the worst, most dangerous drug there is. Trouble is, its very easy to make and relatively inexpensive.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 11:29 pm

^^^
gosh :o why aren't the constabulary cracking down on this?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 11:55 pm

Bullying dynamics can be complex, but the common denominator is an imbalance of power. I am female and most (not all!) men are especially soft on me. I just tend to get on better with men generally.

For me, females bullies are heinous..... :( I am psychologically scarred by bullying. IMO, females are more socially manipulative and can engage in ruthlessly destructive gossip which leads to no less than character assassination. I know, I've had it done to me.

Holy smokes, auntbladdy 8O ......I'm just so sorry to hear that. Close encounters with a looney bully! And glad you're OK - she's obviously not.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 11:58 pm

LabPet wrote:
Holy smokes, auntbladdy 8O ......I'm just so sorry to hear that. Close encounters with a looney bully! And glad you're OK - she's obviously not.

countless times in school [junior high was worst] and in the army. by the time I got into civil service, I learned how to deal with most of them. but until then I just tried to hide in plain sight.