Want silly-surreal ideas for a CSS map

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

t55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2010, 9:09 am

I intend to make a counterstrike map which includes humans running away from zombies on a burning skyscraper. It's one of those zombie escape maps where the humans must run away from zombies to a safe spot. Then the zombies get nuked.
Example.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGe_ODsLWSM&feature=related[/youtube]

Of course probably not something as extravagant.

However I feel doubtful on my creative ability to generate thoughts for the "goal" I have set out for myself. And perhaps a lack of willpower and attention span.Addtionally the fear of bad plans exceeds my spontaniousness, And this is my first CSS map. Therefor I feel it would be wise to consult others.

I'm in the early planning stage, where I determine what I want in my map such as. Will there be helicopters in it? Will there be zombie cannons? Will there be a part where you swim UP a waterfall? Ect.
I haven't even really started to use the SDK to make my map. It just shows how early it is in the planning.

However I have set a couple definite things I want in my map. Such as

1.The map will take around 4-6 minutes to complete
2.The map will take place in a burning skyscraper
3.The starting area will take place somewhere in the middle of the skyscraper with fires below the humans to force them to climb to the top. For extraction. Probably by helicopter.
4.There will be no early elimination of players so they get to wait the entire 4-6 minutes. (maybe around 3-4 instead)
5.I don't want players to get hopelessly behind so that they won't be able to participate in running away from zombies or chasing after humans.
6.I want the zombies to have a 50% or greater chance of winning.
7.I want there to be at least 1 secret weapon.
8.I want the highly skilled to receive bonuses that aren't merely the consequence of high skill itself (like secret weapons that are hard to get) to be the "hook" that makes my map more I guess attractive.
9.I want my map to appear to have many escape options, but in actually has a few 1-5
10.I kinda want trampolines on the outside of my skyscraper and (jetson's suction transportation tubes) in it.
11.ect
These definites will serve as the structure from which I will construct this map

However I still need content to fill in this hollow skeleton and I believe that that will come from the imaginative (and possibly wandering) minds of the masses. Including my own of course.

Right now I just want silly,cool,surreal,unrealistic,impractical,ingenious.
I want the mind's wanderings uncensored on this topic and brought to my awareness.

t55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2010, 9:18 am

TLDR

GIVE ME A COOL IDEA!! !! !! !! !
Hmm, it looks like google is somehow aware of what I posted and my orientations.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 1:04 pm

Is this your first map ever, or just your first CS:S map?

It sounds like quite a lofty goal if you've never mapped before.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 8:49 am

maybe you could at least make elevators instart? there would be 3-4 elevators going up and of course one of them is gonna fill up with zombies at start :D also remember to add timer that kills everyone going afk at start if they dont go in elevator

im huge css zombie mod fan

graemespence1
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Nov 2010, 8:04 pm

i made about 10 CSS maps and loads of CnC maps so i would be willing to help you in this effort if you wish but of course i will have to plan this around my college and work and fiancee lol