Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MellowDoll
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2010, 2:26 pm

So I joined this site a little while back and completely abandoned it after a short time. I became pissed off at the notion that I might have Asperger's and decided not to entertain that idea anymore. However, I have realized that I am lonely a lot of the time for friends so I found myself back here, and am starting to accept the "different" traits in myself and embracing them.

Guess I'll start with a short introduction. I'm a 25-year-old college student with a wonderful husband. I was in the Air Force for four years; now I just go to school. I had never heard of Asperger's until about 2 years ago when my dad read an article about it in the newspaper and called me to tell me about how he thought it described me. Never been diagnosed, but I am pretty much certain I do have some sort of ASD, however mild. Growing up was especially tough; I had many troubles with bullying as a kid and have always struggled with social situations and keeping friends. Through life experience, I have learned many coping skills and have managed to fine tune many of the problems I used to have. However, I still frequently feel like an outsider. My main problems today are social anxiety and a tendency to get very angry for no reason and over sensitivity to criticism/negative emotions.

My main interests include all kinds of rock music especially classic rock, metal, and 90s alternative. I love to read movie reviews, occasionally actually watch movies, particularly Woody Allen films. I run daily. I love to read. I love words, coffee, roses, gnomes, skulls, beer, and nature. I love totally inappropriate humor, in the vein of Howard Stern and the like.

After reading through some posts on this site I realized there is a lot I can learn from this site and hopefully make some online buddies in the process. Hope to hear from some of you guys. :)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 2:49 pm

Welcome back to the neighborhood, MellowDoll.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Oct 2010, 5:58 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 10:02 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 3:13 pm

Welcome!

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 3:28 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet and thank you for your service!