Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:19 pm

Ok, so (a little bit related to my other youtube thread) I tried making videos of me actually talking, and I tried talking softly to the computer. I realized that when I talk quietly, my voice can't make a high pitch sound. All I can do is make a low voice and it seems like I'm mumbling. No wonder people always either say "speak up" or they sometimes say I'm talking too loud. Thats because I have a low voice when speaking softly and when I avoid mumbling, I end up speaking so loudly.

While I don't know what this has to do with autism, it does tell me that in situations when I need to keep the volume down (like library settings) I would end up mumbling and other people would either think I'm shy or weird.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:27 pm

I didn't see anything wrong with your voice but its everything about me that I find very uncomfortable when I'm making a new youtube video, that's why I stopped making videos because of the amount of horrible comments I got just for my looks.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:07 pm

superboyian wrote:
that's why I stopped making videos because of the amount of horrible comments I got just for my looks.

Set it to "comments displayed with approval only" (I may be paraphrasing, something like that)

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:58 pm

jc6chan wrote:
superboyian wrote:
that's why I stopped making videos because of the amount of horrible comments I got just for my looks.

Set it to "comments displayed with approval only" (I may be paraphrasing, something like that)

I would normally do that but then again, I'd end up forgetting to approve some comments otherwise.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:24 am

Poor vocal control is one of the things associated with ASDs.. In fact, what you describe is also a problem I have, though my mother has made me aware of it all my life - doesn't mean I was able to fix it.

The technical word for it is "Prosody".

By simply doing what they are designed to do something large and magnificient happens. In this sense they show us how to live; The only barometer you have is your heart. When you spot your flower, you can't let anything get in your way. - John Laroche