Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 10:40 am

Dox47 wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
I'd love to see you try and find ONE quote where I call the Tea Partisans "tea baggers". Next to Orwell, I'm probably the only Tea Party critic on WP who has never used the term "Tea Bagger". As a matter of fact, I was pretty soft on the Tea Partisans for a while - viewing the movement as an unfortunate case of misinformed, misdirected working class anger until I discovered gallop research showing that the Tea Partisans were actually a lot of relatively affluent former McCain voters.

Since I don't feel like digging, I'll concede that I may have been mistaken here, though I believe Orwell did use that term early and often.

I used the term a couple times, but I wouldn't characterize my usage of it as "early and often." I ignored the Tea Party movement at the beginning, and only referred to them as Teabaggers on a handful of occasions.

To answer your criticisms of MP, yes he does use ideologically charged terminology and labels on occasion, but that's not really out of place or out of line in a political forum. Everyone does the same to some extent or other.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 3:56 pm

Orwell wrote:
I used the term a couple times, but I wouldn't characterize my usage of it as "early and often." I ignored the Tea Party movement at the beginning, and only referred to them as Teabaggers on a handful of occasions.

To answer your criticisms of MP, yes he does use ideologically charged terminology and labels on occasion, but that's not really out of place or out of line in a political forum. Everyone does the same to some extent or other.

Apologies for any appearance of misconstruing you Orwell, like I said I was relying on memory and readily concede that mine is pretty good but far from perfect. I was certainly among those facepalming when early on some clearly culturally naive Tea Partiers described themselves as teabaggers, though I thought that far too much was made of it in the mainstream media. It was funny for a minute, but then very quickly took on a nasty and more partisan edge.

As for Master P, my charges aren't that he's unique in his use of loaded terms and labels, but that he does so extensively and to the detriment of his rhetorical strength. I'm not trying to put him down or discredit him in some way, I'm trying to offer him some constructive criticism on what I see as a major weakness in his argumentative style. You may or may not recall that I once spent the several pages of a thread trying to make the same point about sensationalism to Xenon13 concerning the use of DU munitions while beating back a misunderstanding with Sand at the same time, so it's not like I'm singling just him out, though I do think he's a primary offender right at the moment.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 2:24 am

well gee.....'i am not a witch'...........'pay for your health care with a chicken'...........'what radar, what satellite, i need to see the russians flying over alaska'........everything that the dip-s..t sharron angle says.....dressing up as a nazi ss officer several times in reinactments. tea party....hell....tea enemas. demos and reps just as bad. remember the moron who thought guam might tip over?

george 43 gets mad because s.h. tries to kill 41. to get even he spends a trillion dollars and gets thousands of u.s. troops killed and terribly wounded FOR NOTHING. what, you're calling me a liberal p...y? i'm a vietnam vet, so f..k you. besides, i dislike obama just as much as any other president.

far as i can tell, no one reads what i write. har, har, har.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 9:21 am

danandlouie wrote:
well gee.....'i am not a witch'...........'pay for your health care with a chicken'...........'what radar, what satellite, i need to see the russians flying over alaska'........everything that the dip-s..t sharron angle says.....dressing up as a nazi ss officer several times in reinactments. tea party....hell....tea enemas. demos and reps just as bad. remember the moron who thought guam might tip over?

george 43 gets mad because s.h. tries to kill 41. to get even he spends a trillion dollars and gets thousands of u.s. troops killed and terribly wounded FOR NOTHING. what, you're calling me a liberal p...y? i'm a vietnam vet, so f..k you. besides, i dislike obama just as much as any other president.

far as i can tell, no one reads what i write. har, har, har.

Read it, but I think that after reading this it's easier to decide never to read another of your posts, "har, har, har."

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 2:18 pm

Last edited by danandlouie on 09 Oct 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 3:18 pm

danandlouie wrote:
to ...birds..tperson.....thank you for not reading anything i write. i now feel much better.

i notice you cannot deny the truth of what i write. haven't been in the military, have you? didn't think so.

would someone pass my sentiments to birdbrain poster for me? he has graced me with the gift of not reading anything i write. thanks a bunch.

I said it was easier, not that I won't. Personally, no I haven't been in the military since I have Asperger's Syndrome and it is a disqualifying criterion. My birth-father was in the US Army though, but since he had an IQ of 188 they stationed him in Germany as a helicopter mechanic during the Vietnam war. Did you fight in the war, perchance? From my mom's first marriage, her two sons, my older half brothers, both served in the US Army, and my half sister serves in the US Air Force. My step-dad was never in the military, but even he's worked for the DOD designing weapon systems for them. I would gladly serve my country as a soldier if they didn't reject on the basis of my diagnosis with Asperger's Syndrome.

Now, are you prepared to shut up with the insults?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 3:48 pm

danandlouie wrote:
to ...birdshitperson i notice you cannot deny the truth of what i write.

I'm sorry, where was the truth of what you wrote? I couldn't find it amidst your emotionally charged incoherent mutterings.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 10:30 pm

well gosh, i have a.s. and i was accepted. the air force thought i was close to mute. they seemed glad to have me and made accommodations for me. go figure.

i will say that i am sorry that i expected you to be able to separate delusion from reality. my bad.

don't want to upset you so i will never respond to anything you write again.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:19 am

danandlouie wrote:
i will never respond to anything you write again.

Thank you very much! Thank you very much! It's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me!