30 Nov 2011, 8:46 pm

Let me think.......no.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

saintetienne wrote:
Psychopompos wrote:
If a spermatozoid is considered as a lifeform, each ejaculation is a genocide. EVEN if it leads to a pregnancy which ends with a birth.

but what if the sperm grows up to be a human just like you or i?

Lets put it this way: everytime you read Playboy or watch movies on your favorite internet sites you commit genocide on a vast scale by consigning thousands of sperm cells to death.

And even when you do it for real, and actually knock up your wife, the actual conception only takes one cell. But it still takes an ejaculation of thousands of sperm cells to deliver that one cell.

So even then all those OTHER cells have to die to get the one to concieve a person. So even to create life you have to be a mass murderer! Or a mass murderer using the logic of someone who wants "to ban condoms, etc..."

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

Vigilans wrote:
A moderator practicing necromancy? :shameonyou:

It wasn't me this time, although I do confess to being a necrophiliac.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 9:24 pm

If we don't use condoms or birth control we will have too many unwanted children.
They will have miserable lives and many will be abandoned. That is cruel and inhumane. The world is all ready over-populated and there is hardly and room left to bury the dead The world population is expected to hit 7 billion in 2012. If.
We will run out of places to house the over-populated human race and we will cut down more forests and we will have to build more sky scrapers to shelter the people. If we have enough money which we probably wont because the world economy is crap. If we keep abusing our earth their will be more horrific natural disasters like the recent tsunamis and earthquakes in japan. It is also possible to run out of food.
My point is if condoms and birth control were illegal the world population problem will grow worse. It is already bad enough because people don't always use prevention. There are more people alive today than there are people that are dead.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 2:10 am

There is no evidence that any human activities cause earthquakes or tsunamis, though hubris likely had something to do with the subsequent nuclear disaster in Japan. Global climate change, on the other hand, is human-caused according to a great deal of evidence.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 2:44 am

every sperm is sacred

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 9:49 pm

peebo wrote:
every sperm is sacred

I guess that means even the act of creating life involves mass murder since only one out of millions make it ;)

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 12:04 am

given that they're going to die whether they're ejaculated or not, it can't quite be called murder. Unless leaving them in the testes is... famine, I guess?

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 5:42 pm

RetNet56 wrote:
Should condoms, birth control pills, and tube tying be banned?

A sperm cell is as much a lifeform as a week old fetish is. For those who are against abortion.

yea if you love AIDS , over population and having kids at such a late age you might not live to see there 30's (the last is not always true but does happen) .

I could have been aborted but i am still in favor of abortion btw.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 8:07 am

RetNet56 wrote:
Should condoms, birth control pills, and tube tying be banned?

A sperm cell is as much a lifeform as a week old fetish is. For those who are against abortion.

How exactly is a sperm cell 'a life form"?

Its a living cell, but thats not the same thing as a "lifeform"?

Its haploid for one thing.

It cant catch, injest, nor digest, food. because it lacks the cellular eqipment.
So it cant live freely as an independent organism.

Even if did have those abilities it would not be "human being".
It would be the equivalent of a one celled protozoa.

Unless your against kiling one celled creatures ( and refuse to use antibiotics, and antiseptics) you cant be aainst killing sperm because sperm are essentially crippled protozoa who cant feed themselves ( like a horses with broken legs). Indeed killing sperm probably puts them out of their misery!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 11:27 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Unless your against kiling one celled creatures ( and refuse to use antibiotics, and antiseptics) you cant be aainst killing sperm because sperm are essentially crippled protozoa who cant feed themselves ( like a horses with broken legs). Indeed killing sperm probably puts them out of their misery!

Sperm are by their nature and design mobile carriers of half a genome. They have no other function.

There is no way they can live and move indefinitely and they never had the property of sustaining themselves for long periods of time.

ruveyn

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 1:01 pm

how can such a ridiculous statement end in a 9 page discussion??

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 6:50 am

skafather84 wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
I'd rather the Chinese approach.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIyenQ-njlQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

That's just sick /:

What having over a billion people does to the Earth is more sickening.

:thumleft:

Morning comes the sunrise and i'm driven to my bed, I see that it is empty and there's devils in my head. I embrace, the many-colored beast...I grow weary of the torment....can there be no peace? I find myself just wishing, that my life would simply cease