Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:58 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Stop trying to turn us inside out, and celebrate your differences, like I celebrate mine. I also have a very lively brain, so it's not dead.

I agree with this. Diversity is beautiful. Learn to live and cope with your troubles instead of trying to change things that can't be changed.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

You will never know "the answer" for sure. The only thing you can be sure of is that you have some autistic traits. All a diagnostician does is to try to turn this into a simple "yes" or "no" answer, which requires the application of a completely arbitrary threshold - so many points for this, so many for that, etc. A good driver can fail a driving test, and a bad driver can pass one.

My diagnosis only tells me one thing - that I'm legally autistic. The only objective thing I know is the individual traits. If some egg-head wants to bunch them all together and call it a disease, that's up to them. Whatever the result of any DX, it's the traits that are the important thing.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

Corp900 wrote:
Like I want to know the literal difference. Are Autistics basically brain dead? please dont lay down the savant speech Ive heard it 100 times.
Im trying 2 figure out if IM autistic or not, its been almost a year, its been a battle, 2 adults who say they have had experience in Autism and autistic people say I dont have Aspergers or Autism, one being a doctor, I dont do much talking, going out, or socializing, i've never accomplished anything in my life, academically or for the town or for society, Im not good with people at all really, not with women, and not with men, im 23 years old. I was quiet for most of my school although I had a group of loser friends and when drugged up on MJ i get loud and rambly. When I read about AS i started reading alot about it 2 the point of sucide, Stoped trying to talk to people for the most part. one doctor and one social worker say i dont have it from their perspective, I just want to know what is the all tell tale sign that u have it so I can finally stop researching it and coming to this site. Another thing about me is my face is emotionless pretty much unless on drugs, I do make facial changes but before I was told many times of my DeadPan -lifeless-miserable look.

Corp, I get the feeling your posts are lies, and you wish to put aspies down, humiliate and make fun of their ways.

Can you assure me otherwise?

If not, I will begin to comment as such to these threads of yours. Thanks

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 1:23 pm

Corp900 wrote:
Like I want to know the literal difference. Are Autistics basically brain dead? please dont lay down the savant speech Ive heard it 100 times.

I NEED AN ANSWER ONCE AND FOR ALL... WHY HAVE THE MODS NOT BANNED THIS TROLL?