Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:08 am

My guess is Vader kicks V-dogs puny behind and serves it to the Ewoks

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:14 am

Darth Vader was WEAK. The destruction of most of his body in the 3rd movie really limited him.

Voldemort on the other hand while being defeated in the past was able to come back just as strong as ever and he would have kept coming back if his horcruxes hadn't been destroyed.

Also, Vader is a whiny b***h and Voldemort is an evil genius.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:22 am

As far as evil goes, Voldemort wins hands down. Remember that Vader first turned to the dark side because of his desire to save Padme, hence proving that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And he never fully turned. Sure, he was evil bad guy up until it was Luke vs. Palpatine, but then something clicked and he sacrificed his own life to kill Palpatine and save Luke, turning his back on his master and the dark side as a whole.

Voldemort, on the other hand, is nothing but evil. The only reason he became the Dark Lord as opposed to Tom Riddle was for his own benefit. He wanted to become the most powerful sorcerer of all time, not to mention the whole immortality thing. And when you look at what he did to himself and others to attain that, there's no way even the slightest spark of light exists in him.

Now as for who would win in a knockdown dragout, that's a little closer, but I'm still putting my bets on Voldemort. Sure, Vader's got <insert Force ability>, but Voldemort has a greater array of abilities at his disposal thanks to his magic. Plus, as proven during his involvement with Luke, Vader can hesitate. Voldemort, on the other hand, lets nothing get in the way of his goal of immortality and domination of the wizarding world.

Which makes me wonder, is there a spell in the wizarding world that allows one to conjure an energy blade from one's wand? Rowling never mentioned such an incantation, but if it does exist, then Vader's lightsaber has no advantage.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:32 am

Greater array? As we all know he'd start toying around making Vader bow while Vader tries to choke him and then he'd just keep casting avada kedavra until Vader died. Or maybe he'd prolong things by using crucio prior to avada kedavra.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 3:42 am

meh Voldy can can shoot magic from his wand all he wants, Vader could block ALL of that in a heartbeat with his eyes closed. Voldemort shooting a spell is like a storm-trooper shooting a blaster at Vader.

You guys are forgetting that Vader has the Dark side of the Force on his side, which gives him insane intuition. He knows where his enemy is. V relies on others on other people for information

Voldemort without his want is basically powerless, but even with his wand any spell would be blocked/deflected.

Of course Vader loses alot of his power without his lightsaber as well, BUT at least he can choke people out and re-arrange objects at will.

I just can't see how shooting a "spell" at Vader is going to do anything. Even without his lightsaber he would use the power of the force to derail the path of the spell, and possibly throw it back the way it came.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 4:00 am

What's to say that a lightsaber can block magical energy?

So what about Voldemort relying on others? You don't see Darth Vader building a Death Star all by himself. In the grand scheme of things Voldemort is much more self sufficient. Darth Vader never became a Sith Master, he was ALWAYS the student.

Voldemort without his wand is powerless but how many times do you see him losing his wand? Never! Oh and he's not as powerless as you'd think

"I can make things move without touching them. I can make animals do what I want them to do, without training them. I can make bad things happen to people who are mean to me. I can make them hurt if I want to"

This was said when he was 11 and before he ever touched a wand or received training, one can only assume his powers are even more strong than at this point.

Voldemort's snake would choke a b***h out if he couldn't.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 11:58 am

I don't really know, but I saw him in the movies and then I read the books, and I still think Voldemort is one of the silliest, non-threatening villains ever.

I thought Umbridge was far far more intimidating. But maybe that's just me.

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Sure, he was evil bad guy up until it was Luke vs. Palpatine, but then something clicked and he sacrificed his own life to kill Palpatine and save Luke, turning his back on his master and the dark side as a whole.

So then what about Voldemort vs. Palpatine?

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:19 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
What's to say that a lightsaber can block magical energy?

I think they're generally accepted to block force lightning.

The year is still young.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:21 pm

Vader Rules. The force is strong in that one.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:50 pm

....but then the Green Lantern uses his ring to create a giant anti-magic cage. Green Lantern wi- Superman uses the power of the yellow sun to break the cage and brutally beats all of the- KAAAAAMMMMEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAMMEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Mister Rogers in a bloodstained sweater.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:59 pm

Lecks wrote:
....but then the Green Lantern uses his ring to create a giant anti-magic cage. Green Lantern wi- Superman uses the power of the yellow sun to break the cage and brutally beats all of the- KAAAAAMMMMEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAMMEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Mister Rogers in a bloodstained sweater.

^^^ +1 Internet for the knowledge and proper deployment of lesser known meme.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

BigJohnnyCool
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2010, 5:19 pm

a tie

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:30 pm

Why isn't Sauron on that list? He's a better villain than both of them.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:35 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:

Sauron? Pfff, Edward Scissorhands could take him out.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:36 pm

I concur with LordoftheMonkeys.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:46 pm

Lecks wrote:
LordoftheMonkeys wrote:

Sauron? Pfff, Edward Scissorhands could take him out.

Really?

ImageImage