Are there any GOOD dating sites?

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 8:31 pm

Aspie Affection had issues the last time I checked. I liked OK cupid although no one in my area but one guy, who I was pretty sure had traits, was like 100 miles or more away. He wouldn't even answer my message until I mentioned something about lovecraft in his profile. I think I was too forward at first. Then, he took so long to respond I said f**k it and moved on. There were some others, who were probably great guys but I don't venture out much or fancy turning into their mothers so I take care of them and their place.

LexF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

eHarmony told me I was "unmatchable" after I took their 29-point matching personality profile questionnaire thingy. Which is OK, because, as it turned out, I wasn't religious enough or homophobic enough to meet their requirements.

OKCupid is a good site for tests and quizzes, but any locals I found on there seemed like they were trying WAY too hard to make really impressive profiles, which is difficult when you can't spell simple third grade words. Plus they all had kids.

POF -- I met someone from there, it was not a good experience. I like the concept of POF but I've seen better people wearing swastikas in WWII movies. Plus they all had kids.

I tried a pay site, Singlesnet, for 3 months back in 2006. Had 174 contacts in the three months, and I never sent out a first message. Most of them were local, too, but the messages were all like "Hey, I saw your profile, can you meet me and my friends at {name of local bar} tomorrow?" And I'd write back and say "If you actually read my profile you would know I don't drink and I don't go to bars." So that was a waste of $24.95 a month for three months. Plus they all had kids.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
No dating sites are good. Guys never get replies on them. You would have more of a chance if you met people in real life. Its the truth.

I personally find dating a waste of time, I want to forge a connection without trying to force it.

This is why I don't bother with online dating, it seems weird to just go meet someone when you both know your intentions, it would be alot better on accident.. not to mention being autistic, it doesn't help the social awkwardness even slightly..