aba for children with m.r
yes 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
no 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11

judyfox
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2010, 10:03 pm

It comes to my attention some people put their kids in aba.

Link :arrow: aba and mental retardation

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 11:42 pm

ABA using positive reinforcement is one of the better ways to try and bring kids with developmental delays more up to speed.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

judyfox
Raven
Raven

07 Oct 2010, 7:27 am

It seem this mother needs help finding aba; for her son with D.S.
:arrow: down sydrome aba

judyfox
Raven
Raven

08 Oct 2010, 11:10 am

some parents are angry at the fact; doctors and insurance approve ABA for autism; and it is hard for them to get ABA for their children with down syndrome. Even though ABA was original made to help kids with down syndrome. ( I'm not sure but i heard this before.

Do you think insurance should pay for aba for other disabilities other than autism?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 4:56 pm

judyfox wrote:
some parents are angry at the fact; doctors and insurance approve ABA for autism; and it is hard for them to get ABA for their children with down syndrome. Even though ABA was original made to help kids with down syndrome. ( I'm not sure but i heard this before.

Do you think insurance should pay for aba for other disabilities other than autism?

I don't know anything about ABA services for conditions other than autism. Ivar Lovaas created ABA for autism in the early '60s at UCLA, and downs syndrome kids from that era were very lucky they weren't included in the original experiments.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Nurylon
Raven
Raven

12 Oct 2010, 12:21 am

I wouldn't do that to my worse enemy. It involves holding stuff the person likes from them until they behave the way you tell them to. And you are encouraging the child to FAKE IT! Faking it is dishonest and as such, comes back to bite you.