What's an NT and is there a name for "prejudice people&

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2010, 10:06 pm

Yup, the title says it all. I know it's ridiculous that I don't know what an NT is but it's true, I really don't what's an NT. I initially thought it was used to refer to those "prejudice people" who are kinda against us, as in a pun on "anti-". But now I'm hearing that it's used for anyone without a disability, different from us. So long story short, I'm basically confused. So someone please tell me what an NT is. BTW is there a name we use for "prejudice people"? I'm tired of using "prejudice people" all the time. We need a name to refer to them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Oct 2010, 10:12 pm

NT stands for Neurotypicals. A neurotypical is basicly anyone who is not on the spectrum

Wiki says~ Neurotypical (or NT) is a term that was coined in the autistic community as a label for people who are not on the autism spectrum:[1] specifically, neurotypical people have neurological development and states that are consistent with what most people would perceive as normal, particularly with respect to their ability to process linguistic information and social cues.[2] The concept was later adopted by both the neurodiversity movement and the scientific community.[3][4][5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotypical

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 10:19 pm

Would you consider people who are Obsessive-Compulsive, Tourettes(sp?), Bipolar, etc. but not on the spectrum "nerotypical"?

just curious. :duh:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 11:55 pm

NT = neurotypical, meaning no neurological issues at all.

Just because somebody isn't on the spectrum doesn't automatically make them an NT.

As for BPD, OCD, etc., I probably wouldn't classify them as NTs.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 12:04 am

Yes, "prejudice people" are also known as bigots.

BigJohnnyCool
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2010, 12:09 am

Neurotypicals = normal people

Another word of Prejudice people = as*holes

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 1:48 am

BigJohnnyCool wrote:
Neurotypicals = normal people

Another word of Prejudice people = as*holes

:lol: :lol: :lol: and plenty of aspies auties etc are as*holes just read the PPR postings, it will astound you.

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Oct 2010, 2:31 am

Tensu wrote:
Would you consider people who are Obsessive-Compulsive, Tourettes(sp?), Bipolar, etc. but not on the spectrum "nerotypical"?

just curious. :duh:

I personally consider that a gray area. I take it as a case by case bases. Depends on the disorders & severity. It's not uncommon for OCD & turrets to coexist with Aspergers so I generally do not consider people with that NTs thou I may not consider em as part of the spectrum either per-say. But if the person only is bipolar but it's being managed & he/she only shows one or two minor AS traits; I would consider em an NT, It's also very important to keep in mind that each NT is different just like each Aspie is different so NO two people are exactly alike. When I say NT; unless I am talking about specific people I mean NTs as a general group & I do NOT mean every single NT out there. & it is the same when I say Aspie

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 7:41 pm

The reason I ask is because sometimes I wonder if I may have been misdiagnosed. I seem to have some symptoms of Aspergers but others sound like the total opposite of me. But I'm definitely Obsessive-Compulsive.