Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 7:36 am

Clyde wrote:
That's utter b.s. I absolutely disagree. Do you know in all my life I was bullied quite often. I stood up for myself ever single and each time. And I always will. I will not have someone disrespect me and I will sacrifice any social relationship with my peers in order to respect and protect myself. I have been bullied for 18 years and it really hasn't stopped. Now it's no longer peers, but more like adults. Teachers. But I don't really care, respect isn't given it is earned. And if you haven't earned my respect, well then don't expect to say something to me and for me to take it is a compliment. Because it wasn't.

The highlighted part is the crux of the issue on how to fight bullying.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 7:46 am

Clyde wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Somebody missed their anger management session. :roll:

No I just don't think you should be spouting misinformation without looking over it some more. And maybe making your own observations. Don't come in here and say this, when it isn't even true. Do some more research.

There are people with asperger's who are egotistic just as NTs. I guess egotism among aspies is less than that among NTs. However, since we lack empathy we come off as being rude which also due to lack of the knowledge of the local language skills which I learned and which I dicussed in the thread whose link one can see in my signature.
For e.g. I did not know someone's name and instead of asking her name directly, please was not in my dictionary at that time, I thought of expressing my lack of knowledge to not come off as being rude and I asked"I do not know your name." She was angry at me. Later I realize what that meant.
Phrase "Don't know your name." was also directed at her personally , rule 1 which meant she did not know her name which further meant she did not know who her parents were and therefore she was illegitmate.
Those of us who are egotistic face more problem than those who are not. We must be physically strong as a first prerequisite, should learn intonation, knowhow to ask question politely and also learn local language rules together with mind reading abilites which are difficult to learn than the local language rules, writing from experience.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2010, 12:38 pm

daspie wrote:
Clyde wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:

No I just don't think you should be spouting misinformation without looking over it some more. And maybe making your own observations. Don't come in here and say this, when it isn't even true. Do some more research.

There are people with asperger's who are egotistic just as NTs. I guess egotism among aspies is less than that among NTs. However, since we lack empathy we come off as being rude which also due to lack of the knowledge of the local language skills which I learned and which I dicussed in the thread whose link one can see in my signature.
For e.g. I did not know someone's name and instead of asking her name directly, please was not in my dictionary at that time, I thought of expressing my lack of knowledge to not come off as being rude and I asked"I do not know your name." She was angry at me. Later I realize what that meant.
Phrase "Don't know your name." was also directed at her personally , rule 1 which meant she did not know her name which further meant she did not know who her parents were and therefore she was illegitmate.
Those of us who are egotistic face more problem than those who are not. We must be physically strong as a first prerequisite, should learn intonation, knowhow to ask question politely and also learn local language rules together with mind reading abilites which are difficult to learn than the local language rules, writing from experience.

Yes. I know this because I have these problems. I get annoyed though. I always feel it's insincere to write ideas like this down, when I have known plenty of people and me myself who has fought of bullying. And the bullying of authority. I have survived. And I hate when people say s**t like this because of some stupid study.
Logic, logic is suppose to be questioned. I don't care if it is a study. You question study, you don't put it down as fact. You don't say, oh cause a study said this it's true.
No. It doesn't work that way. The study. Before ever tell anyone this kind of information, is suppose to be put to the test. If logic falls through cracks, then it isn't true. If logic and the study don't fall. Then it's good.

I prefer when people question an idea. Rather then just putting it down as fact. Because it isn't.

I don't want any of my efforts, any of the things I have done in my past, and all the things I have done to stay living in this world to be shat on by someone who just blindly believes information they are given.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 12:45 pm

I don't think anyone is sh*****g on your experiences or achievements, Clyde. Good for you if you've overcome the negative effects of being bullied. A lot of us still haven't. You may be an exception to the rule.

I'm sad to say that bullying was very bad for me, and I can only surmise that it's not good for other people too.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 11:01 pm

Clyde wrote:
Yes. I know this because I have these problems. I get annoyed though. I always feel it's insincere to write ideas like this down, when I have known plenty of people and me myself who has fought of bullying. And the bullying of authority. I have survived. And I hate when people say sh** like this because of some stupid study.
Logic, logic is suppose to be questioned. I don't care if it is a study. You question study, you don't put it down as fact. You don't say, oh cause a study said this it's true.
No. It doesn't work that way. The study. Before ever tell anyone this kind of information, is suppose to be put to the test. If logic falls through cracks, then it isn't true. If logic and the study don't fall. Then it's good.

I prefer when people question an idea. Rather then just putting it down as fact. Because it isn't.

I don't want any of my efforts, any of the things I have done in my past, and all the things I have done to stay living in this world to be shat on by someone who just blindly believes information they are given.

I didn't understand who you were referring it to, me? :)

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2010, 5:07 am

daspie wrote:
I didn't understand who you were referring it to, me? :)

Not really. More the person who made this thread. I would have preferred they did their own studies and made their own quetsions and questioned the study. More than putting it on here as if fact.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 10:37 pm

Clyde wrote:
That's ******. I absolutely disagree. Do you know in all my life I was bullied quite often. I stood up for myself ever single and each time. And I always will. I will not have someone disrespect me and I will sacrifice any social relationship with my peers in order to respect and protect myself. I have been bullied for 18 years and it really hasn't stopped. Now it's no longer peers, but more like adults. Teachers. But I don't really care, respect isn't given it is earned. And if you haven't earned my respect, well then don't expect to say something to me and for me to take it is a compliment. Because it wasn't.

Just because you had that experience, doesn't mean everyone will.

Last edited by ocdgirl123 on 24 Oct 2010, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 10:39 pm

Bullying makes you less likely to stand up for yourself? So why is it that even when my brother comes at me with I knife I kick his ass? It definitely has nothing to do with all the fights I got in between 4th and 7th grade or all the bullying that started those fights.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2010, 10:43 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
Bullying makes you less likely to stand up for yourself? So why is it that even when my brother comes at me with I knife I kick his ass? It definitely has nothing to do with all the fights I got in between 4th and 7th grade or all the bullying that started those fights.

Well, maybe that was your experience, it could be different for other people.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 12:11 am

The fact is that "studies show" is a generalized statement and to the degree of emphasis on these "findings". My experience goes against what studies show and therefore I either wouldn't qualify as part or the "study" or the "study" doesn't qualify itself as fact.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 1:31 am

I think there are two kinds of people with asperger's. One who fight bullying and become more aggressive in their general behaviour, these people were perhaps already bit aggresive naturally, I come in this category. And other who are not aggressive in their behaviour and go into their shell when bullied and become even less engaging socially and forget everything happened to them. I guess the former one will deter people from bullying us. Although I do not criticize the later strategy as then people could focus better on their special interest.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 2:40 pm

Bravo, I love your response!

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 3:39 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Bullying as a child turned me into an agressive brute who will spit on or even sucker punch someone in the face if I have too. When I tried to defend myself, I was labled as the bully.
It taught me that little kids aren't innocent little angels society makes them out to be and I am beginning to wonder if that part in the Bible where Jesus says, "Sacrifice the little children to me" is some sort of translation error. Kids weren't the only bullies, teachers and adults were my worst bullies.
Jesus NEVER says "sacrifice the little children to me." What He actually says is "allow the little children to come to me." The older translations of the Bible use old fashioned language to express this sentiment... "suffer the little children to come unto me," but the word "suffer" in Jacobean English actually means "allow/permit."

In fact, according to the Torah, the foundational documents of Judaism and (if people just thought about it) Christianity, it is a sin against God to sacrifice children.

Jesus says that whoever "harms one of these little ones", it is better for that man to be tied to a millstone and drowned... because the punishment for child abuse when He returns will make drowning look like an easy option.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 4:52 pm

Clyde wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:

I still think you need some anger management kid. Obviously you can't disagree without being a jerk.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 1:57 am

Pistonhead wrote:
Bravo, I love your response!

I guess it was not sarcasm :).

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 2:02 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Clyde wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:

I still think you need some anger management kid. Obviously you can't disagree without being a jerk.

CaptainTrips222, I guess you ignored my post.
Quote:
I think there are two kinds of people with asperger's. One who fight bullying and become more aggressive in their general behaviour, these people were perhaps already bit aggresive naturally, I come in this category. And other who are not aggressive in their behaviour and go into their shell when bullied and become even less engaging socially and forget everything happened to them. I guess the former one will deter people from bullying us. Although I do not criticize the later strategy as then people could focus better on their special interest

Perhaps you come under the latter categoty and clyde come under the former(like me).