Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 4:49 am

ThomasL wrote:
Yeah, sharing a bed is a terrible idea. How can anyone get any sleep like that?

Even worse is if you fall asleep while cuddling - then you wake up and your arm is asleep (or completely dead) because the circulation has been cut off for god knows how long. And you can't move to free your arm w/out waking her up. And if you're both sleeping, even if not touching, still there's movement and you're gonna bump into each other and wake each other up, etc.
It's just ridiculous.

hmmm, i hadn't considered that.
you make a valid point :lol: .

However i still think it'd be pretty nice to sleep in the same bed with my GF :)

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2010, 5:47 am

Quote:
Even worse is if you fall asleep while cuddling - then you wake up and your arm is asleep (or completely dead) because the circulation has been cut off for god knows how long

Actually I've caused my own arm to go asleep far worse than my gf ever has...

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

mom2allboys216
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2010, 6:31 am

poppyfields wrote:
As long as someone doesn't want to fall asleep cuddling and the bed is large so I have my own space and we have separate blankets I'm okay with it.

This ^ ^ ^

My DH finds it to be a blessing (as do his friends - thanks for talking about me at work) that I just turn over and fall asleep after sex. What can I say, I don't like the whole touchy feely thing.

Taveon...[1] speech delayed & sensory issues

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:46 am

James0Zero wrote:
Quote:
Even worse is if you fall asleep while cuddling - then you wake up and your arm is asleep (or completely dead) because the circulation has been cut off for god knows how long

Actually I've caused my own arm to go asleep far worse than my gf ever has...

Lol, yeah me too - I can end up in much worse possitions when I wake after sleeping alone!

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2010, 8:30 am

I don't mind sharing a bed with someone, but people tell me that I move a lot in my sleep. One time, on the morning after a sleepover, I woke up to find my friend resting her head and arms on the bed as if it was a desk. The rest of her was on the floor. I asked her what had happened, and she told me that I had literally kicked her out of the bed in my sleep! :lol: I also take forever to fall asleep and do a lot of tossing and turning.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Oct 2010, 10:13 am

What's REALLY bad, is when you're on a vacation with a few friends, and you have to stay in the same bed with another guy for lack of space (when neither is gay), and the other guy is dreaming about his GF or something... Not good.

Charles

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2010, 10:56 am

Totally depends on the person.... I mean, I would currently rather have the bed to myself, but I used to be in love with someone who was very nice to sleep with, if I could get to sleep before he started snoring. If not, I'd lie there awake for hours, perhaps occasionally trying to gently move him into a non-snoring position without waking him. However, I didn't like to sleep with him every night. I liked having my own bed in my own house to retreat to, once in a while.

Nowadays, my bed is technically "all mine", but when my 9yo is at home (he stays with his father on an almost 50-50 schedule) he always wants to sleep in my bed with me. And he is always welcome (even when I'd sorta rather he didn't, because he doesn't keep still). But I know he's going to outgrow it soon anyway. My other son stopped wanting to sleep in my bed around the time he started puberty.

My daughter is away at college most of the time, but when she is at home she likes to sleep in my bed as well (except when her boyfriend is visiting, or she has a girlfriend staying the night or whatever). Like my son, she is also completely welcome in my bed anytime, even though it's less comfortable for me (especially when she and her brother are both at home!). But it's totally worth it.... I'm so happy that my children love me so much that they want to be close to me, even when none of us are awake.

Trying to remember if I ever slept with my mother (she was a single mom for most of my childhood).... I think we must have shared a bed sometimes, in hotels? I wouldn't have thought of it, except that earlier in this thread, other people mentioned that they had done it. But it may have happened. I know that when we were children & young teens, my three siblings & I always stayed in the same hotel room with our mother, and I don't remember any of the rooms having more than two beds.

You know, actually I think maybe it didn't happen, b/c I just can't dredge up any memory of ever having shared a bed with my mother even in a hotel. Maybe she took one bed and put all of us kids in the other :?: ... I do remember that on some occasions, they brought a roll-away cot to the room, but I can't recall who it was for. Maybe I will ask her about this, if I ever think of it.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 11:12 am

SteelMaiden wrote:
Why do couples share a bed? The thought of that horrifies me

It creeps me out as well. I'm asexual as an adult so I don't think I ever will have too.

Zedition
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2010, 11:19 am

Nothing wrong with sharing a bed. It's a good family ritual.

My wife sleeps on the left, I sleep on the right. Well, angled on the right. King size bed isn't quite long enough for me.
We never touch, except, well, other than that.
If I stretch and accidentally touch her, I adjust so I'm not. No touching. I have no idea how you can sleep while another person touches you.
She puts the sheets on upside down, hates having the "wide" part of the top sheet at the top of the bed.
I put one pillow between my wife and me. That way I'm not breathing morning breath at her.
I cut the tags off. Well, the sheet tags. Don't even know if my mattress has tags. I can't handle that tag touching me. It itches.
My wife puts electrical tape over all the LED's in the room. No light is allowed.
When I get up at 3am, I blow kisses. If she's awake (usually is) she blows them back.

Lots of nice, comforting rituals come from sharing a bed.

industrialx
Raven
Raven

14 Oct 2010, 12:44 pm

I can't even sleep in my own bed ON MY OWN. I prefer sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 1:06 pm

I am a roller and my last girlfriend was a blanket stealer wrapping it up around her. I would end up with cold toes and she would end up at one edge of the bed. I could never handle having someone sleeping on my shoulder and arm. My arm would fall asleep and get that prickly sensation all up and down it after about an hour.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 9:23 pm

industrialx wrote:
I can't even sleep in my own bed ON MY OWN. I prefer sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag.

cozy! i used to sleep on a pile of clothing on my floor.

industrialx
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2010, 4:30 am

hyperlexian wrote:
industrialx wrote:

cozy! i used to sleep on a pile of clothing on my floor.

See, to me, that's far more comfortable.

Spergling
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2010, 6:58 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
SteelMaiden wrote:
Why do couples share a bed? The thought of that horrifies me

It creeps me out as well. I'm asexual as an adult so I don't think I ever will have too.

do you reproduce by budding?

websister
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2010, 7:14 pm

mom2allboys216 wrote:
poppyfields wrote:
As long as someone doesn't want to fall asleep cuddling and the bed is large so I have my own space and we have separate blankets I'm okay with it.

This ^ ^ ^

My DH finds it to be a blessing (as do his friends - thanks for talking about me at work) that I just turn over and fall asleep after sex. What can I say, I don't like the whole touchy feely thing.

Totally relate to both, I thought I must be the only female in the world who cuddled after sex to make her husband happy but would prefer to roll over and go to sleep.

jeffbee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2010, 3:25 am

Its traditional. You get used to it.

My wife and I shared the bed for most of our marriage. There were issues, but we both slept pretty well most of the time.

She snores.
I'm a sleepwalker.
She flip-flops in her sleep.
I can't have my fingers/hands touching any part of my body.
She has a "wave machine".
I sleep with earplugs in.

We slept apart for the last year of our marriage, and we both still slept just as well.

I always thought it would be best to live next-door to my wife, not just in separate rooms. Better yet, how about a block away?