Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 10:23 am

Why do couples share a bed? The thought of that horrifies me

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 10:28 am

Becuase it is so romantic waking up next to the person who you love.

It can be regarded as being very to intimate sleep in the same bed. I like sleeping next to my wife very much

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 11:18 am

SteelMaiden wrote:
Why do couples share a bed? The thought of that horrifies me

Me as well. Worse than that, imagine waking up next to the same person for 40 years.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 11:19 am

I've never slept well in my entire life. I was shocked to learn that it took most people less than an hour to fall asleep. And was INCREDIBLY shocked to find out that the average was 7 minuets 8O . But anyway my gf came over for a week and she slept with me... I fell asleep in 5 minuets tops... It was so beautiful. *tear*

silvercat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2010, 11:33 am

All my children shared my bed till they were about 6, the youngest still does.
Some people are shocked about that.
There is an unwritten law that you have to share your bed with your husband but in my opinion he is old enough to sleep alone.

poppyfields
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2010, 11:45 am

As long as someone doesn't want to fall asleep cuddling and the bed is large so I have my own space and we have separate blankets I'm okay with it.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 12:03 pm

When my ex-best friend and I used to have sleepovers, I both loved and hated sharing a bed with her. On one hand, I loved being physically close to her and waking up to find her there. On the other hand, it was extremely nerve-wracking because I was terrified of accidentally touching her and her accusing me of being a pervert. Thankfully, that never happened because I always laid perfectly still whenever we shared a bed.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 12:08 pm

silvercat wrote:
There is an unwritten law that you have to share your bed with your husband but in my opinion he is old enough to sleep alone.

love this answer! husband can fend for himself. my daughter would sleep with me when my husband was away working, even until she was a preteen. it was nice to have the company.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 12:17 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
silvercat wrote:

love this answer! husband can fend for himself. my daughter would sleep with me when my husband was away working, even until she was a preteen. it was nice to have the company.

My brother and I used to take turns sharing a bed with our mom when our dad was away on business. Also, my brother and I used to have this tradition where we shared a bed on Christmas Eve night. Of course, we stopped doing those things once we mutually agreed that we had gotten too old for it.

XshadowX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2010, 12:34 pm

I never slept in a bed with someone else before, Even if i got married, I don't think i still could 8O

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
silvercat wrote:

My brother and I used to take turns sharing a bed with our mom when our dad was away on business. Also, my brother and I used to have this tradition where we shared a bed on Christmas Eve night. Of course, we stopped doing those things once we mutually agreed that we had gotten too old for it.

that's cool! yeah it's important to respect each other's wishes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 12:58 pm

Every time that my sister and I had to share a bed, she'd take all the blankets and take up most of the room, as if I wasn't even there. Not only was I bullied by my teachers and my parents. I was also bullied by my sister. I'm glad that things that things have changed, and that my family members get along better, now.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 3:02 pm

I hate it cause I have sleep issues.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 3:35 pm

Not all couples sleep together. A couple friends of ours are happily married, and they sleep in separate rooms more often than not. There is a merit to doing this as it gives each person enough space for doing things that even married people might rather not share, snoring, different sleep times and other aspects that might disturb the other person or interfere with sleep.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 4:11 pm

When I have sleepovers with my old girl best friend at my house we share the bed, I like sharing the bed with her, I like being close to her and stuff. But the only problem is she tends to take up a lot of room (even though she's really small) and I keep accidently bumping into her arse.

showrootslove
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2010, 4:21 pm

This explains why my husband doesn't understand why I want him to come to bed. He usually falls asleep in a chair and comes to bed about 4 a.m. I have accepted it. I know it is just the way he works. :)