17 year old Aspie gamer girl from Michigan

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 153
Location: TN

17 Oct 2010, 3:47 am

I love Pokemon!



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

17 Oct 2010, 6:42 am

Welcome to the forum!

Pokemon FTW! Pika pika, pika cheww.



richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,003
Location: Lake Whoop-Dee-Doo, Pennsylvania

17 Oct 2010, 11:37 am

Image
To WrongPlanet!! !Image


_________________
Life! Liberty!...and Perseveration!!.....
Weiner's Law of Libraries: There are no answers, only cross references.....
My Blog: http://richiesroom.wordpress.com/


DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,011

17 Oct 2010, 3:36 pm

You don't understand slang? Gasp! Get thee to a nunnery!

I think you'll find you fit in here. I already like you.


_________________
I'm using a non-verbal right now. I wish you could see it. --dyingofpoetry

NOT A DOCTOR


Emeria
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 31

18 Oct 2010, 11:20 am

Hi, Courtney! Welcome to WP. I'm sure you'll fit in really well here...

As far as chemistry goes, that's really awesome that you want to do that! I've found that analytical chem (more than the other branches) requires a lot of attention to detail.

Also, gaming is awesome. I haven't really played Pokemon much (except when one of my friends was teaching me how to play).

Also, kudos to you if you can figure out where my username/avatar is from ^_^


_________________
"Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all."

~And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!~


Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Age: 138
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,357
Location: Svíþjoð

19 Oct 2010, 12:51 pm

I've just recently joined, as well. Hmm, I do love geeky girls; that is not something negative to many, as I'm sure you will notice after your greeting. Pokémon, you say? It's quite nice when a girl is into things such as that. :) I'm sure you have every potential to find the right guy for you, but beware as you obviously are quite sweet, and there are countless scum player guys out there who go after girls like you and then dump them after being done with them, after fooling them with their deceitful sweet-talk. Don't mean to bring your mood down or anything; it's just that I in my case, I found myself here after my now ex-girlfriend had been fooled by her ex-boyfriend, letting her think that he still loved her, then got "his way" with her, and then continued his life with his girlfriend after having been unfaithful to her with mine. I was completely powerless in the situation, too; she lived almost on the other side of the planet. Eh, anyway, the reason I'm saying this is because a girl like you are going to attract many guys, including the scum of the Earth "player" guys... so beware is all I say. Personally I can't keep silent with information like this, at times, since there just are too many sweet girls that end up taken advantage of, out there... -_-

I used to be a Nintendo geek, as well, before. I even wrote an important essay on Nintendo when in high school that I got a top grade on. I'm not anywhere near as much that as before, now, though, as I have started to end up kind of bored with pretty much all games, out there. :l I guess it comes with age. I do still love Mario Party, though! And Mario Kart, too, but Mario Party is even better. I've also recently played a great adventure game called 'Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories' for the Wii (unreleased in the US)... one of few games I've ended up hooked on for quite some time. Still ended up stopping with playing it about halfway through, but I'm definitely going to finish it. One of the characters in it, Ryan Gray, reminds me of myself, in his behaviour, a lot, too, and he even looks quite a bit like me. :D Anyway, anime and manga sure is nice, also... I've found an interest in Death Note, a lot, after watching a few episodes of it... I need to finish watching the rest, some day.

Hmm, yeah, my apologies for my excessive writing, here, but I didn't feel much for starting my own introduction thread when I joined, but this was just kind of interesting to read so I had to post in this thread. Of course, making an introduction of myself is very difficult, at most places, without getting jumped on, almost, as I truly am a pretty "messed up" person, according to the general view... in this case, though, I want to avoid getting banned by doing it properly, as the management of another psychology related forum got pretty tired of me after all my honesty, with time, and banned me. I don't really need that, right now.

Yes, being analytical is fun, isn't it? A few years back, I kept going to psychologists and psychiatrists just to analyze their behaviour. Analyzing other things sure can be fun, too.... the patterns are just everywhere and it can end up very interesting.



slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 687
Location: la la land

19 Oct 2010, 4:24 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
slovaksiren wrote:
But if any one of you attend the anime convetions Youmacon, JAFAX, or NMACon, yeah... that would be great.


I went to JAFAX this year, it was my first time.

I might actually dress up next year :oops:


That would be awesome! I go to JAFAX every year and I'll be dressing up like Splash Woman from Megaman 9 probably.


Still, thank you everyone for welcoming me! I already feel at home!


Oh yeah, those guys, I know about those womanizers, definitely not fun. I know some guys in my class that are like that...



Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Age: 138
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,357
Location: Svíþjoð

19 Oct 2010, 5:33 pm

slovaksiren wrote:
Oh yeah, those guys, I know about those womanizers, definitely not fun. I know some guys in my class that are like that...


Good to hear.... and don't forget that it's almost impossible for a guy to merely be friends with a girl he somehow likes. He may make it seem he can, or may even say that merely staying friends is great and that he's totally fine with it, but unless he's definitely homosexual, it's pretty much a hundred pecent sure that he can't, and he is lying and is just waiting for his chance to evolve it in the other direction, either in a positive way or an evil player way.

Just informing you. :P Anyway, welcome to the forum. Although I got here after you so that makes it a bit backwards.



slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 687
Location: la la land

19 Oct 2010, 8:19 pm

Really? because I'm friends with a lot of guys and when you say like, do you mean just like, or like-like, yeah, most of them are usually a bit older than me. I don't like mentioning it to them because I don't want them to feel pressured or rushed into developing a romantic relationship. I most importantly want them to feel ready and myself to feel ready because I want to make sure I know them really, really well and then I can trust them and therefore rely on them and then finally I can commit, but knowing is definitely the foundation and it will definitely give you insight on whether they are indeed the real deal or they are just another one of those womanizers...



glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,933
Location: Ohio

19 Oct 2010, 9:02 pm

Hi Courtney and welcome to the WrongPlanet. I think it is so important to have interests like you do with your games. Our special intense interests can keep life fun for us with autism. I hope you enjoy this site.


_________________
"My journey has just begun."


SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,913
Location: Michigan

20 Oct 2010, 2:19 am

slovaksiren wrote:
That would be awesome! I go to JAFAX every year and I'll be dressing up like Splash Woman from Megaman 9 probably.


It was kind of weird to be around so many people who are even geekier than I am @[email protected] My Aspie-dar was going off left and right, ha ha.

What did you dress up as this year? I missed it on Saturday (was really busy with a zombie walk and a party), we went Sunday and didn't really get to do much...we walked up and down the merch booths for a while, and then we went to the closing ceremonies.

Beauty_pact wrote:
Good to hear.... and don't forget that it's almost impossible for a guy to merely be friends with a girl he somehow likes.


When Harry Met Sally is a pretty good movie 8)


_________________
he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him


Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Age: 138
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,357
Location: Svíþjoð

20 Oct 2010, 6:30 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Beauty_pact wrote:
Good to hear.... and don't forget that it's almost impossible for a guy to merely be friends with a girl he somehow likes.


When Harry Met Sally is a pretty good movie 8)


Hmm.... I've never watched it. It's been on so many times but I've never watched it. Is it about what I'm talking about?


slovaksiren wrote:
Really? because I'm friends with a lot of guys and when you say like, do you mean just like, or like-like, yeah, most of them are usually a bit older than me. I don't like mentioning it to them because I don't want them to feel pressured or rushed into developing a romantic relationship. I most importantly want them to feel ready and myself to feel ready because I want to make sure I know them really, really well and then I can trust them and therefore rely on them and then finally I can commit, but knowing is definitely the foundation and it will definitely give you insight on whether they are indeed the real deal or they are just another one of those womanizers...


Yes, really. This is a truth that almost all males keep the females from knowing. And if they are older, that means they are even more cunning in this, too. :P And I mean both like and like-like, haha. :P It doesn't matter which; if he likes her enough, either of those ways, he will almost a hundred percent certainly be wanting to develop the "friendship" further. Females often want to think that they can be mere friends with guys, but in thinking that they are pretty much guaranteed to be fooling themselves, and the guys know this but let the girls think the wrong things about their intentions (or the intentions that he doesn't even yet know that he has), so he will have a greater chance to get that girl he likes. However, this isn't really a bad thing, as it's just how things work, but many girls may end up permanently hurt by it, depending on how good the guy is or isn't, and so should be aware of the intentions that the guys very likely do have. It might be that he wants the girl in a positive manner, or he may be a womanizer, or he may not even care that much either way, but unless he already has a girl he really loves, he will be waiting for his chance. And the scumbag player/womanizer guys may *think* that they have a girl they really love, already, but those guys are always prepared to be unfaithful to their girlfriend, regardless.

If you have other questions, do feel free to ask. :)



slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 687
Location: la la land

20 Oct 2010, 3:04 pm

Well, instead of trying hard to find the one, I just want it to be really, really obvious that he is the one and I know that will probably be the way to tell because I know there is my white knight out there waiting for me... I just know it. Though I think you do make a point that some of the best relationships develop from the best friendships.

SabbraCadabra: I didn't go on Sunday due to financial reasons and not affording a hotel, but I was dressed as Afghanis-tan from the manga of the same name which is like Hetalia, but it focuses on the Middle East and the "stan" countries.



jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,993
Location: 미국

20 Oct 2010, 3:20 pm

Why hello, slovaksiren, and welcome to the WrongPlanet.
Now that the standard reply to much of the threads in this forum is out of the way... would you mind if I inquire upon the meaning of your screen name/username/nickname? I do find it nice.



slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 687
Location: la la land

20 Oct 2010, 3:45 pm

My screenname? Well, you see, I am actually half Slovak and half German and my father's side has a strong Slovak heritage. They came to America a few years before WWII broke out while my mother's side is Pennsylvanian Dutch, they aren't Dutch though, they are German, the Dutch thing was actually from a false cognate, but they are like the Amish and Quaker's and whatnot.

But yeah... I don't really know a lot of Slovak... I mean, I pick up a few words here and there, but ever since my grandfather married my grandmother, he sort of stopped speaking it, but every so often he does. We have a lot of traditions like every Sunday my father makes breakfast and turns on the polka music while he cooks and during Christmas we have sauerkraut soup and these prune biscuits with a name I can't spell to save my soul along with a nutroll known as kolachi and a prune cake that I also can't spell, but I like the biscuits, I know how it is pronounced.

As for the siren part... well... I was looking for something creative and I thought that siren was a nice noun that fit...