Page 25 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 10:34 pm

A dark evil witch. :skull: :twisted: :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 10:53 pm

David Cassidy :oops:

MoonRiver
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Feb 2019, 10:57 am

A doctor or a physiotherapist. I got the grades to get into my chosen degree at university. But after dropping out 3 seperate times, I was broken and burnt out. Now I can’t even hold down a job as a cleaner. I feel like all the knowledge in my head about anatomy, physiology and biology is a waste. I’m an embarrassment really.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 1:01 pm

Dead.

And like everyone else in this thread, I have yet to accomplish it. :hmph:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Ziemael
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2019, 8:24 pm

Easy. I wanted to be an artist or a scientist, that was a preschool determination. I ended up being an artist who studies how to earn a living as an artist. Go figure.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 11:02 pm

I didn't have a certain 'job title' that I wanted to be. The general idea was something to do with horses. Growing up I had different ideas that came in and out.

Overall I think I just wanted to be magic. Something like a fairy/sprite, forest spirit, elf, or nymph. I knew I couldn't actually be those things but I wanted to have the same kind of aura and disposition that you'd think you would find in those beings. I just wanted to be amazing with a kinship with animals. No idea how I thought an of that would get me money lol

SpaceCadet89
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2019, 8:03 pm

A cat! Sleep all day... go out all night... and get fed and pampered by a silly human who thinks I actually love them :mrgreen:

In all seriousness though, I wanted to be an artist.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 12:46 pm

All I know is that 15 year old me is very disappointed that I ended up becoming a rapper. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 12:49 pm

A Gladiator...

So 90s...

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 9:01 am

A veterinarian or a nun.

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 1:17 pm

Lighthouse keeper.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 8:52 pm

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 9:22 pm

Gosh, I'd never even heard of a married keeper, but then I'd also never heard about all the drop-in visitors when ships wrecked anyway. I hadn't really done my research, since my parents were not going to let it happen, if possible.

Then, at 38, I had an interesting thing happen. My friend was helping me with some work, and took a break outside. There, he saw a boy about ten years old, who was taking a break from his mother visiting the family upstairs. Since the boy had energy, and friend had not, he asked the kid to run down to the corner store and get him a cold drink, and something for himself with the change. Off he went, but his mother soon appeared, and got the update. She paled, and said that the boy lived on a lighthouse, and had never gone to a store on his own before. Fortunately, lil' Crocodile Dundee aced it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 10:00 pm

^^^what happened to the money the friend's money he gave the kid to go to the store with? i think i misread it :doh:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 11:35 pm

Not until college did I know any scientists or engineers. Socially or significantly

But I sure as f**k did not want to be what I ended up as

Cashier

Food server

Data entry clerk

kayell

13 Apr 2019, 9:49 am

I wanted to be an architect. I loved the orderliness of it, the ways of arranging space. Since it was the 60's and I was a girl, this was pretty unusual. To my parent's credit, they were both completely supportive and never told me that it was a weird or unlikely ambition.

I became a horticulturist and a landscape designer.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)