Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2010, 12:29 am

I just watched a 5 minute video that was full of things that scare me.

My biggest fear is deep sea creatures. I call them nightmare creatures, they are the only things that terrify me. Although I don't think I exactly have the fight or flight reflex. My reflex is to go up and examine it, even though my heart is pounding and I start to get a headache from part of me trying to look away and the other part wanting to get closer. Maybe I am just indecisive when it comes to my fight or flight response.

What are some other peoples fears and how do you react to them?

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:41 am

I'm afraid of sharks in dark swimming pools. I react to it by staying out of dark swimming pools.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 8:18 am

I'm afraid of choking and vomiting. My vomiting fear is exclusive to only myself vomiting, but my choking fear also extends to being afraid of watching/hearing other people choke. These fears don't interfere with my daily life, but whenever I feel there's a real risk of them being realized, I seriously freak out.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 8:25 am

Confinement, like in small spaces (claustrophobia) is my worst, but "spiders and snakes" (including fish with teeth) run a close second to that. Even when those kinds of things are only on the TV, I still must sometimes turn away or even leave the room.

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 8:52 am

I fear authority figures, especially police, but also doctors both mental and physical, anyone who could force a change on my status.. e.g. throw me in jail, have me committed, take away my rights in any way etc.

I get terrified at being pulled over, I cannot look the officers in the eye and I shake and sweat. I really do respect the police and the difficult and dangerous job they do. I am always very respectful and cooperative, but due to my obvious nervous anxiety they think I'm hiding something. I get my car searched at any police stop. One good thing is due to my respectful, polite, and cooperative behavior toward the officers, I rarely get a ticket!

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 9:03 am

I have a very strong fear of having to walk over railroad tracks. I might go to tears if I have to walk across them or even step on the gravel that surrounds them. I've always been that way and don't know why. It's terror - not just fear.

Julian94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2010, 9:11 am

I fear: trippeng in front of a moving car, spiders, height, speed, doing a mistake that could lead to being bullied and talking to new people (especially girls)

gwennie54321
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2010, 11:44 pm

have a horrible phobia of losing my baby blanket and also i am afraid of spiders

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 12:21 am

I have the stupidest fear of openings in the plumbing, like faucets but especially drains, and the plumbing itself. I'm also afraid of certain insects, especially flies, when I find one dead and the buzzing sounds they make.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2010, 1:53 am

Death
Bugs
People
escalators
Dying alone- because of the people fear.
Justin bieber

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 11:53 am

Julian94 wrote:
I fear: trippeng in front of a moving car

oh god, me too

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 12:24 pm

I have fears that there will be a time that I don't have enough money.