Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

mullion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2006, 6:29 am

Theme parks rollercoasters etc - sensory overload or thrills & spills - love 'em or hate 'em?

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 7:56 am

Hate em - I can't handle that kind of movement. I can't even take stuff like swings or rocking chairs - I must be hypersensitive to motion. Strangely enough I LOVE car rides though, I can't get enough of that kind of movement.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 8:16 am

I like them as long as I can keep my eyes closed. I cannot stand the vision part due to overload but I can deal with the feelings and noise.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

29 May 2006, 8:53 am

Hate rollercoasters (they make me freeze up, terrified) but I love theme parks, if only for the cotton candy.

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2006, 9:51 am

I love theme parks, but hate the crowds

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 10:52 am

Im scared of heights and I was scared for a while.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 10:53 am

Im scared of heights and I was scared for a while.

sweetpraline
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 May 2006, 12:10 pm

neongrl wrote:
Hate em - I can't handle that kind of movement. I can't even take stuff like swings or rocking chairs - I must be hypersensitive to motion. Strangely enough I LOVE car rides though, I can't get enough of that kind of movement.

I must be hypersensitive to motion, too. I don't like roller coasters. My stomach just can't handle them. The Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. You couldn't pay me enough money to ride that thing.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/r ... /index.cfm

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 12:27 pm

I love to ride rollercoasters, and I like the speed and motion. I don't like rides that are slow. I'm not wild about heights that are too high, though I've been known to close my eyes on some occasions because of this.

With that said, theme parks can be great, but the crowds can be annoying. I don't go that often. I also would rather spend my money on nature treks or rafting trips, where there are hardly any crowds. But, that's just me.

- Ray M -

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 1:03 pm

I love rollercoasters! I get this major adrenaline rush that I can't get rid of for a while after I come off. I remember when the Pepsi Max ride opened in Blackpool and I went on it a few weeks after. Its the only rollercoaster that I came off and actually felt sick but it was so much fun I went on it again.

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2006, 1:18 pm

I'm not really into rollercoasters, I'll go on some, but never one ones that go upside-down. The thing is, I'm fascinated with rollercoasters, so I often really want to go on them, but I know I'd never be able to cope with most of them. :?

I love simulators though, and for me they're even better than rollercoasters. I love the ones that really move and throw you about, and I can ride them without having to worry about g-force or going upside down, and just the visuals along with the movements are enough for a really fun ride for me. So I don't really have to worry about rollercoasters, and I enjoy theme parks as long as there are plenty of simulators around. :)

Help revive ReBoot!

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 2:26 pm

i like theme parks and rollycoasters(like i'm flying)
i don't like all the people too much so i go on days when it rains in the morning or when its foggy.

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 May 2006, 3:22 pm

Theme parks are ok I guess. I'm scared of heights so I'm not so keen on rollercoasters. I hate large crowds too.

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2006, 4:24 pm

I don't really like either, though they are two different themes. I've tried roller coasters and ferris wheels and rides like that and they gave me a major adrenaline rush but once or twice is enough, thanks. I guess for me they're Xtreme sports!

Theme parks? I hate huge crowds and mob scenes and walking forever and standing in line forever, but I'd love to see Disneyland/Disney World/ Epcot Park at my leisure the way I saw Sea World in San Diego.

Space Centers, now - I've visited Houston and Cape Canaveral and Alamogordo.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2006, 4:45 pm

I enjoy them, but I'm always afraid that something might go wrong.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2006, 5:25 pm

lol fiz' blackpools pepsi max.. i must have been lon that now about 2o times. the first time i cling to the rail and have my eyes closed, the 2nd time, i open my eyes the 3rd time i take my hands off the rail and put them in the air- even though at the start of the ride we are instructed not to do that via a screen moniter... but theres nothing to get in the way on that very 1st drop... for the rest of the ride i put my hands on my knees.

i love the thrill of rollercoasters.... but i dont like certain points of rollercoasters. like when ive just sat in the seat and am waiting for the ride to start, and the very first uphill. all i want to do at this point is get off the rollercoaster. and my heart races and i get sweaty and teeth are gritted and im very very scared.. but then i knwo there is only one way to come down!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !! !! !

I do love the coasters really.. the white knuckle rides are what i seek out in a theme park. lots of people dont really bother me that much unless its very noisy with lots of chatter, but when outside one doesnt notice this.

now all i need to do is go to america and go on this rollercoaster called the top thrill dragster... i messed my pants just looking at the picture... ! ! (not really but you know what i mean lol)

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=26

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=29 << OMFG lol

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=27 << ahhhhhhhh!! !! !!