'Aspie' moment- funny things that have happened to you

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2010, 12:46 am

In college I had an archery final. You had to pass or you'd fail the class. My bow I'd been using all semester was gone so I asked the coach guy what I was supposed to do. He told me I'd have to share the bow with someone else and I freaked out at the idea of having to use another bow... and share with somebody so I up and left. I'm pretty sure I failed even though I was a pretty good shot >_<. I think the coach was probably confused too because I was standing behind him when He told me but I just left silently without saying anything so I wasn't there if he turned around lol :)

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 1:00 pm

Kiseki wrote:
AnnePande wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
Him: "There was a sausage party at Jason's last night."
Me: "I like sausage."

>_<; :oops:

I don't understand it either (don't know that expression). What was that sausage party supposed to be?

It means there were only dudes there and he just basically said "I'm gay."

OK, then it makes sense (even though she's a girl). You learn something new everyday....

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 2:05 pm

A long time ago when I was in elementary school-it was reading time and they were talking about words that were the same but have different meaning-so they yelled at me "duck" and a few seconds later I got hit with a chalkboard eraser-they wanted me to duck-as in duck down and I was looking for a duck as I was looking around and asking where the duck was.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 2:48 pm

When I was a little girl, I learned yelling meant raising your voice. But no one never told me yelling doesn't always mean raising it, it can also mean your tone, shouting, scolding, giving a lecture. So as an adult I got into a conflict with someone at work because I didn't like her saying I yelled at her when I didn't and mom had to talk to me about it. She told me yelling, shouting, scolding, and your tone is all yelling. You don't need to raise your voice to yell. I asked her why didn't anyone ever tell me this and she said people figure it out themselves and I just took it too literal.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2010, 12:26 am

This actually happened recently in the chat here at WrongPlanet... Yeah I had a big aspie moment in an aspie chat oh the irony...

Anyway I had asked how to change my name in the chat to James0Zero and I got a reply saying /nick name. Long story short I accidentally changed my name to name because I didn't know when the person had "name" there he meant the name I wanted. That got a good laugh out of a few.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

Atama
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2010, 10:49 am

When I was three years old, I was bored in my class so I didn't really paid attention to what the teacher was saying. One day she told me "if you are not happy here, you can go home". So I took my things and went home without anybody noticed it. When my mom saw me, she screamed at me and almost started to cry. I didn't understand at that time and I thought I had done something wrong. It turns out that my mother was upsets because of my teacher because she didn't watched me and I could have been injured in my way home.

Once, I had to asked to my professor an important thing . I was in her class during two years but I was unable to recall nor her name or her face. So I ask if I could speak to a math professor but they were all maths professors so I said the only thing that across my mind: "is there my math professor here?". I thought that was intelligent because, like that, the problem was solved. Unfortunately, my professor didn't thought like that and was not pleased that I didn't even recognized her.

An other time, I was older and I had to miss class because I had been hospitalized. So my parents thought it would be a good experience for me to ask to a class mate my homeworks. So I agreed and went to ask to somebody and at the end he politely said to me that he wasn't in my class.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 2:55 pm

I am not sure if this was an aspie moment or just my ex twisting things around and playing games.

I went and saw my ex and I told him I was thinking about bringing him out to Portland with me but I am nervous because I might meet all these men there from online, I also told him he doesn't have any money so I would hate to pay for his food and have him ruin my time when I look in stores. Now this was me telling him I was thinking about it and he suggested he would be my body guard so here we were talking about what if he came along. I was also concerned about gas too and then at the end of the conversation he told me I didn't have to bring him. So for the next two or three weeks I think about it. I think if I want to drive 45 minutes to get him and 45 minutes back to town to head out. I also think about if it's in my budget to pay for his food since he doesn't even have any money nor a job. Then when that day comes I decide to go alone so I do. While I was there staying with my second ex (this was before we got into a relationship) my first ex sends me a message asking me when I am going out to Portland. I tell him I am already there. He replied back in caps "YOU LEFT WITHOUT ME" and I read his message and he told me how pissed he was and how we made a deal and he said his two friends from Salem were looking forward to seeing him and they had plans.

I then felt pissed because I never made any deal or plans with him and he told me I didn't have to bring him but yet he turns around and tells his friends he is coming? That didn't make any sense. Why did he even tell me I didn't have to bring him and then expected he was coming?

So either he was joking or he forget he said that or I was supposed to do the opposite.

After I told him I made no deal with him and he told me I didn't have to bring him, he said it was a misunderstanding we had. :facepalm:

Yeah I never understood this incident so I can only think of three things; joking or he forgot he said it or I was supposed to do the opposite by actually bringing him. But hey I did tell him over and over when we were together that I take things literal and he can't be joking with me and he has to say what he means but did he listen? No. He kept on doing it and then he was pissed I left without him, his fault, not mine. But yet he did a good job making me feeling guilty when I knew it wasn't my fault.

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2010, 3:43 am

Wow, great moments, everyone :)

Just now, I was on facebook chat to my recently aqquired boyfriend, and we were making plans, as we are going swimming later.

HIM- So how about i meet you this time?

I though he meant- so how about I meet you this time, as in, now.
Not how how about I meet YOU this time, as in, him coming to meet me. LOL Total brain fart.

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 8:28 am

I was reminded of this one:

As a kid about 10 or so, I went with my parents to visit a young couple who had just gotten home after having their first baby. There were a bunch of people there and as everyone was getting ready to leave, they were saying things like: "She's beautiful!" And "She is so sweet!" "How adorable!". I said "Yeah, and the baby is cute too!" Which got a big laugh.. I was confused, because I thought they were complimenting the mother and I didn't want baby left out..