Do you fell inferior , same or superior to normal people?

Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Do you fell inferior , same or superior to normal people?
i feel inferior to normal people 36%  36%  [ 35 ]
i feel about the same to normal people 27%  27%  [ 26 ]
i feel superior to normal people 37%  37%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 97

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2011, 8:08 pm

I am superior to most NTs in some ways, yet inferior in others. It all balances out.

I voted the same.

KarateKetchup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2011, 8:01 pm

for me, even with nts who are a few or a couple years younger than me, i feel like i am a kindergartener towards them.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 11:40 pm

This is really stupid. Define superiority. I have my strengths and weaknesses, just as everyone else. I am not superior to anyone.

But if you were to put me in a room full of "average people", I would have a hard time not feeling as if I am better than them. The way they think and act often times just disgusts me. Everything is always about what she said, what he did, what so and so is wearing, or whatever crap like that. Many of them just don't get it. They are the ones trapped inside a shell, the shell of their narrow mind. It's as if they do not see the entire universe outside of their own little world.

And that is why I voted that I do believe that I am superior to NT's. While the whole concept is stupid, and I do not agree with it, on a subconscious level I can't help but to believe it whenever I'm reminded of just how stupid people can be.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 7:24 am

Way to contradict yourself.

RonWren
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2011, 9:57 pm

Sometimes I feel superior, other times I feel inferior. It's up and down almost all the time to be honest. There will be times when I pick up skills instantly and others will fret over them for hours, that's when I feel superior. However, in a crowd of people, let's say lunch, things change. I'm not good at talking to them, so unless there's a close friend there to sit next to, I usually go off in a corner by myself. One time, a janitor noticed me, and thought something was wrong.

TheMatrixHasYou
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2011, 8:56 am

Err...yay cerebral narcissism.
XD

PhoenixGamma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

Superior in terms of maturity and intelligence, NTs under 30 I've met are usually ignorant, annoying and oblivious to things around them.
I can only seem to be friends with older NTs, a good friend of mine was born in the 50s, we get on very well. My women friends are 30-40. Albeit I am not attracted to them. Friends my age are also aspies. I haven't met people as much as anyone else has, so I'm probably generalizing.

I am extremely self-conscious and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I'm missing out on what teenagers are supposed to be doing. But I feel superior because of it, I can't imagine what I'll be like when I'm 60 provided I'm not dead!

SammichEater wrote:
But if you were to put me in a room full of "average people", I would have a hard time not feeling as if I am better than them. The way they think and act often times just disgusts me. Everything is always about what she said, what he did, what so and so is wearing, or whatever crap like that. Many of them just don't get it. They are the ones trapped inside a shell, the shell of their narrow mind. It's as if they do not see the entire universe outside of their own little world.

This is how I feel.

aspieryan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2011, 4:39 pm

Superior and inferior is opinion and labels to me. If I was to define what I see as superior it will be something along these lines of course in context to the original posters question. " An individual who achieves many great goals within life with effort and the right mindset." I say right mindset as in how a person takes views and opinions and how one learns from conditions that arise like failures.

To give an example of what I mean by mindset is Thomas Edison it took him approximately 1000 attempts to create the light bulb. He did not doubt himself or think he is stupid etc to him he saw it as a incorrect way the light bulb won't work due to a method or some calculation. He did not give up he continued and he achieved many great things the most well known the invention of the light bulb(he had thousands of patents). Superiority is basically to me a label which is mainly achieved through a person's way of thinking regarding situations as well as effort.

Inferiority to me is kind of the opposite by kind of I mean people can put in effort but because they see themselves as 'inferior' or a equivalent word they become it.

I believe 'inferiors' can become 'superiors' with effort and changing their approach to situations. If a problem occurred they should stop seeing negatives and learn from it.
So to answer the question everybody has the equal amount of chance to become 'superior' ( excluding wealth and royalty as well as other potential labels) I do not see royalty and wealthy inheritance as superior although some people may see it as so.

I believe I am superior and I am working on my weaknesses to become even more 'superior' perhaps I become godly eventually :P(Joke)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 3:47 pm

I sometimes feel superior to other people because of how they act and I don't act that way so I feel better than them. I feel that way a lot on Babycenter because of how they act there, even when they were pregnant, I still didn't go acting all bitchy like they did so I knew pregnancy was no excuse to be one so I felt superior to them and also the fact I wasn't as emotional as they were. I was more sensitive yes but I just ignored it thinking it was me with the problem and didn't go acting on it like all those women did. I felt powerful and superwoman and superior.

And sometimes I feel inferior when other people are better at things I'm not or have no issues with doing things I have issues with. I even feel that way towards my husband sometimes. But I don't ever feel superior to him.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 5:22 pm

I feel superior AND inferior at the same time, so they cancel each other out.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 6:49 pm

I've always felt inferior in the past, but now I regard myself as equal. The reason being is that I don't particularly compare myself to others anymore and elect to be myself, as a human being, which I believe so-called "normal" people are also.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2011, 3:40 pm

Depends who it is.