Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is the act of offending someone the most reprehensible of all crimes?
Yes 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24

samuelandrews
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2010, 4:07 am

i dont get if if someone bashes someone OUT of school they get charged for assault
If someone bashes someone IN school they get away with it
??????????

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 8:45 am

samuelandrews wrote:
i dont get if if someone bashes someone OUT of school they get charged for assault
If someone bashes someone IN school they get away with it
??????????

Yeah, that sucks. A lot of school officials are aloof and some even have the mindset that having to deal with such situations prepares kids for The Real World©. I'm not actually advocating the execution of bullies, as then anyone who mildly offends anyone would then probably be labeled a "bully" and there would be some bullies who know how to work political systems who would get their prey labeled as "bullies" just as they get their victims to be blamed for fighting. Outside of government school, most people who aren't teachers actually think a fair bit more often and realize when a situation is a bad situation - leading to the calling of police rather than a blind dismissal.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 11:50 am

In order for a summary execution of all bullies to work, those who organized and carried out the executions would have to kill themselves as well.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 11:53 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Yeah, that sucks. A lot of school officials are aloof and some even have the mindset that having to deal with such situations prepares kids for The Real World©. I'm not actually advocating the execution of bullies, as then anyone who mildly offends anyone would then probably be labeled a "bully" and there would be some bullies who know how to work political systems who would get their prey labeled as "bullies" just as they get their victims to be blamed for fighting. Outside of government school, most people who aren't teachers actually think a fair bit more often and realize when a situation is a bad situation - leading to the calling of police rather than a blind dismissal.

I got to work with plenty of education and teaching majors. Enough of them were just that popular in school that they never wanted to leave.

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 12:48 pm

skafather84 wrote:
In order for a summary execution of all bullies to work, those who organized and carried out the executions would have to kill themselves as well.

I saw words to that effect written on the front page as well, and I'm not really sure it is necessarily true, at least not any more than it would be to say that a schoolteacher who hands out detention to bullies must then have to undergo the same detention themselves.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 12:49 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
To better enforce inoffensiveness to everyone in general, ought all bullies (bullies being defined as anyone who is offensive to anyone) be summarily executed? Such punishment may sound harsh, not meaning to offend anyone here, but it would reduce the offensiveness of all populations in general. So, execute anyone who offends anyone else? Yay or nay?

Your definition of a bully is flawed.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 12:52 pm

McTell wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

I saw words to that effect written on the front page as well, and I'm not really sure it is necessarily true, at least not any more than it would be to say that a schoolteacher who hands out detention to bullies must then have to undergo the same detention themselves.

Ending one's life is being quite the bully. It's not that there's punishment, it's that there's extreme punishment.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 1:26 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Ending one's life is being quite the bully. It's not that there's punishment, it's that there's extreme punishment.

I don't think it is extremity that grants bullying its character. There can be unextreme bullying, like for instance tripping someone up in a school corridor every afternoon as they head to the lunch room. There can, I think, be rather extreme punishment that is not necessarily bullying, such as excommunication from the Catholic Church for heresy. I doubt that something's being an extreme punishment has much directly to do with its being bullying.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 5:56 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
To better enforce inoffensiveness to everyone in general, ought all bullies (bullies being defined as anyone who is offensive to anyone) be summarily executed? Such punishment may sound harsh, not meaning to offend anyone here, but it would reduce the offensiveness of all populations in general. So, execute anyone who offends anyone else? Yay or nay?

Does anyone realize that I'm not arguing in favor of this to occur? The above was satire. Yes, the definition of "bully" is flawed, intentionally so, since most people today act as if getting offended at someone else ought to lead to someone else's seat upon death row. I don't advocate for this, however, nor do I think that being offended is the worst crime of all - it just happens. People can take offense at anyone and at anytime.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2010, 1:06 pm

loltrollftw

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 3:40 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Does anyone realize that I'm not arguing in favor of this to occur? The above was satire. Yes, the definition of "bully" is flawed, intentionally so, since most people today act as if getting offended at someone else ought to lead to someone else's seat upon death row. I don't advocate for this, however, nor do I think that being offended is the worst crime of all - it just happens. People can take offense at anyone and at anytime.

Heh. Funny, because I think if you'd defined bully as someone who torments another intentionally on a regular basis, then your idea would be good and I'd support it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 4:01 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Heh. Funny, because I think if you'd defined bully as someone who torments another intentionally on a regular basis, then your idea would be good and I'd support it.

You know why that would be bad for government schools, right? They'd be out of football players and cheerleaders instantaneously. :P

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 10:09 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

You know why that would be bad for government schools, right? They'd be out of football players and cheerleaders instantaneously. :P

You're right, we can never cope without them! :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 12:40 pm

What are you on about?

Okay - you're upset because- you dont have the freedom to -- express hate?

Or- are you upset because you feel that you are on the recieving end of hate?

Oh- I get it!

you're upset because you feel hated--because-- of your propensity to hate!

In other words: you're a bigot in a world that has become too bigotted against bigots!
Have I got it right?

Im sorry.
you're not a "bigot".

you're a "toleration impaired American".

And its up to the rest of us to find ways to accomidate your "toleration impairment".

Is that it?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 1:44 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Is that it?

How about, none of the above?

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 6:34 pm

Is it me or did keet snap and turned into a full time troll? I mean, I keep seeing these posts and threads with these non-sense polls as if he was trying to make a point and failing miserably at it...