Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Makron
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2010, 10:05 pm

I was curious if Echolalia could be classified as itself if it's only experienced around only a particular individual or person that you are around.

I have never noticed or experienced it myself up until I started hanging out with one particular guy all the time. Now it has me worried as it leads up to a few other catatonic ailments that I experience every now and then.

The reason I ask is I have been experiencing a fistful of catatonic ailments and I am hoping it isn't the result of something too severe. I'm hoping it is something more mild like a bipolar or an anxiety disorder.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 10:46 pm

what do you mean? i guess maybe a person could trigger a certain response. i was going through memories today, and i noticed i used to repeat questions, though i didn't mean to. is that what you mean?

Makron
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2010, 10:51 pm

I only experience this symptom when I'm around a certain individual. I mimic small movements such as riding in the car with them. I adjust my mirror when they do, or roll down my window when they do. I repeat almost everything they say involuntarily when they are talking to me directly before I answer their question or respond. With other people though, I don't do it. I act normal around my family and etc.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 11:41 pm

oh, i see. hmm... that is interesting. i wish i could tell you more. it seems vaguely familiar.
well, this one website suggests a few different causes. i hope you feel better!

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 8:40 am

Do you feel particularly fond of this person? I have found that I do the same kinds of actions as someone when I feel close to them somehow. And it's not on purpose.

Makron
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2010, 4:59 pm

This particular person is actually my mentor. He's teaching me my career and livelihood basically. I only only experience these involuntary actions around him. When I'm with my family, gf, or other friends, it doesn't really happen.

I'm just hoping it's a side effect of a type of autism, bipolar, or anxiety disorder rather than something as severe as catatonic schizophrenia because I've experienced a few catatonic symptoms lately and have on and off throughout the last couple years.

I have a horrible habit of trying to understand absolutely everything about anything, this has driven me into deep bouts of depression before as I've tried to question my own mind and break down the process of each of my thoughts to try and make sure I'm mentally adequate enough to survive. I have fears of losing control of it all and ending up in a psychiatric bed or heavily medicated.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

27 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

I was tortured by irrational fears for a long time. What helped me get over it or not feel in a secret panic over what could happen, or what is this, was to think about the last thing I fixated on. Then ask myself if my last fixation turned into a truth or did it end up being a big waste of energy? Most of them were a big waste of energy. Thinking and remembering that I obsess about everything has helped me stop thinking myself into a deep depression.