Page 11 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Moppy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 20

27 Jan 2013, 8:23 am

Image
I guess I'm sexist.
I blame the media, and the things people say on the internet.
Tell you what is my downfall. Perfectionism.



Moppy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 20

27 Jan 2013, 8:30 am

Oh but tell me this, what are the chances of ever meeting a girl at the age of 21 who's AS and has never had a boyfriend?
But the chances of a guy is higher.
Sexist world.



hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

27 Jan 2013, 8:38 am

Moppy wrote:
Oh but tell me this, what are the chances of ever meeting a girl at the age of 21 who's AS and has never had a boyfriend?
But the chances of a guy is higher.
Sexist world.

in my real world experiences, the dating chances of aspie men and women were roughly equal. how many aspies have you met in real life?

by the way, the media has nothing to do with it. if you hold sexist ideas, you are responsible for them and can let go of them at any time. they are not serving you and will not help you in any way, so if you cling to them that's your own choice. they are not real and are not true, so what's the point in holding onto them?


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


Moppy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 20

27 Jan 2013, 8:48 am

Is the average Christian going to stop believing in god just because someone said there's no proof?
Oh and also, that's a bit, bollocks.
Men and women don't have the same chances.



hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

27 Jan 2013, 8:49 am

Moppy wrote:
Is the average Christian going to stop believing in god just because someone said there's no proof?
Oh and also, that's a bit, bollocks.
Men and women don't have the same chances.

this isn't about Christianity, this is about real life.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


Moppy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 20

27 Jan 2013, 8:53 am

I know. I was using analogy to make a point.
I sure as hell don't like my view on the world. It's not a nice view and it doesn't make me happy. Now why don't I just stop believing in it?
Surely if it was that easy I would have stopped by now.
But you're asking me to change my morality, which isn't an easy thing to do.
Wait.
I want to know, how am I sexist? If I don't know what I'm doing wrong then, well, can't not be sexist.



hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

27 Jan 2013, 9:07 am

Moppy wrote:
I know. I was using analogy to make a point.
I sure as hell don't like my view on the world. It's not a nice view and it doesn't make me happy. Now why don't I just stop believing in it?
Surely if it was that easy I would have stopped by now.
But you're asking me to change my morality, which isn't an easy thing to do.
Wait.
I want to know, how am I sexist?

you already knew your post that i removed was sexist, before i even had a chance to contact you. so i do not think that it is a big mystery to you.

you have a skewed idea of how gender relations occur. if it were actually true, about 1% of men would be doing most of the dating in a polygynous society. or at least, all of the women would be fighting each other to get to a certain select few men. but that is not true, obviously. men are varied and individual in their personalities and women are varied and individual in their tastes (and vice versa).

to paint women as settling for aspie guys because "there is no one else to f**k" is frankly and blatantly sexist - there can be no doubt that it paints them in the worst possible light. and it isn't even true - many women choose one man over another for myriad reasons other than alpha status.

you can believe what you want to believe, but keep the actual sexist rants off the board.


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


Moppy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 20

27 Jan 2013, 9:25 am

Kay



quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 309

27 Jan 2013, 2:25 pm

I like guys who are like me, so I tend to go for men with more AS qualities. In my area, very few adults actually have awareness of adult AS, so it's not like I can just ask a man if he is or not. NT men are overwhelming for me because they expect me to act in ways that I completely do not understand. I tend to stay single longer and have much shorter relationships for this reason.


_________________
If I tell you I'm unique, and you say, "Yeah, we all are," you've missed the whole point.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2012
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 282
Location: Mesa, AZ

29 Jan 2013, 11:46 pm

quesonrias wrote:
I like guys who are like me, so I tend to go for men with more AS qualities. In my area, very few adults actually have awareness of adult AS, so it's not like I can just ask a man if he is or not. NT men are overwhelming for me because they expect me to act in ways that I completely do not understand. I tend to stay single longer and have much shorter relationships for this reason.


There really is a need for local social groups for autistics. There are plenty of support groups, but none that are for purely social reasons. I hope Alex can pull off the Wrong Planet conference that is proposed in another thread.



quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 309

29 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

ShelbyGt500 wrote:
There really is a need for local social groups for autistics. There are plenty of support groups, but none that are for purely social reasons. I hope Alex can pull off the Wrong Planet conference that is proposed in another thread.


I agree. The closest one to me is over an hour away. It's not that easy for me to attend with an erratic schedule and questionable transportation.

A conference would be awesome. I do have quite a bit of vacation time I need to start taking. LOL


_________________
If I tell you I'm unique, and you say, "Yeah, we all are," you've missed the whole point.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


JohannaReid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 4

18 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

I have dated a handful of AS guys in the past.