Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 12:56 pm

[Nevermind]

Last edited by MissConstrue on 18 Oct 2010, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2010, 1:15 pm

I don't know. I'm not 100% certain I understand you. I do know that you are not responsible for who is attracted to you, nor are you responsible for their character defects. I suppose ideallly you ought to be screening them out, but this isn't an ideal world and not being an awesome judge of character isn't the worst sin I can think of. Hell, it's not even the worst sin I'm guilty of.

How to explain yourself without coming across as some kind of feminazi or b***h? Use logic and avoid emotion.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 1:21 pm

johnc wrote:
I do know that you are not responsible for who is attracted to you

I'm not sure that's entirely true.

Not really sure what the OP is about, sorry MissConstrue. Hope you feel better.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 1:30 pm

No John C. I don't want you to feel guilty. You probably make the same stakes I do when it comes to hitting on the other sex. It isnt' about that.

I'm not sure how to put it or even if I should. I do find the opposite sex attracting but I'm not attracted to the type of guys who think of us just as idiots or "prostitues". If I go walking by the street without a car that makes me a prostitute. When I walked with my brother who did join the marines, he had people constantly lifting him up and everytime he had to them that we were his family.

I'm curious should I just move to New York? There no buses or Taxis here! Should I move there?!

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 1:47 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Why is it that when I break up with these guys but discuss them,

I don't know you, or anything about the issue you're posting about, but this jumped out at me. All the rest of it, you may well be right, but in this, I do think you are wrong. At least, I've always assumed that discussing a girl I was involved with after the fact would be nasty and uncool. Oh, I don't mean a little quiet grumbling to people who already knew what was happening, but any more public discussion, or any analysis of what I thought their faults might be. Unless I had ever learned something about a girl that would pretty much require public warning, such as involvement with terrorists or something of the sort, I always assumed I needed to keep my criticisms to myself. The few girls I was ever involved with (married now, so it hasn't been an issue for quite some time) always gave me the same courtesy. If they hadn't, I'd have assumed they were way out of line.

Maybe I've misunderstood this comment, and this is just my opinion, but on this one point, if I've understood you correctly, I do think you're wrong. As for the rest of it, I'm not sure who's blaming you for what, but a pretty good rule is that if anyone is blaming you for everything, they're probably guilty of a whole lot themselves.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

johnc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2010, 1:47 pm

Dont worry, I don't feel guilty. I don't even know what you think I might feel guilty for.

I am struggling to understand you, though. When you say 'If I go walking by the street without a car that makes me a prostitute', who says it makes you a prostitute?
Why do you think moving to New York might help? What do you hope to be different there?

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 2:18 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
If I go walking by the street without a car that makes me a prostitute.

Yes, there are guys like that. They're called idiots. :lol: Any problems you have with a guy like that, they're his fault. The trouble is, I think the proportion of idiots is the same everywhere, so in New York, there are more idiots...

I wish I had an answer for you. That would mean I knew how to avoid all the idiots myself. Sadly, I don't. But, for what it's worth, every now and then you'll stumble across someone who isn't an idiot. That's the best I've ever been able to manage.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder