Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 3:47 pm

Tsiiki wrote:
I have two yellow fang teeth... no matter what they're always darker than the rest and refuse to get lightened xD just happy yellow fangeroos~ :P (specially one, only crooked/gapped tooth in my mouth, so sets itself apart then its yellow xD mean witthe tooth!)

I've noticed that the canines tend to yellow more quickly than the other teeth in some people. You've got me wondering why.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 3:54 pm

Laz wrote:
Only black people have naturally white teeth.

Their teeth just look whiter in contrast to their skin. That's just my opinion though. *shrug*

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 4:32 pm

Chronos wrote:
Despite excellent dental hygiene, I have yellow teeth.

So do I. My dentist recommended veneers but as you discovered those are very expensive.

I have found that when it comes to love life, the excellent dental hygeine is more important. I've never heard men complain about yellow teeth (when I surreptitiously eavesdrop) but I have heard them complain about the ick of kissing a woman with bad breath. I brush and floss and Listerine with regularity and I think that's what they care about more when it comes to kissing. It sems that the only time sparkly white teeth are really important is if you have a job where you will be photographed regularly. Yellow teeth look so much worse in film than they do in real life. Maybe that's because I'm used to actors/actresses and models all having veneers but most people don't.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 4:39 pm

I had mottled teeth from wellwater when I was younger - upside I don't get cavities, downside is the obvious - I got made fun o fa lot. Its not that they're yellow, more like they have translucent patches in them which seems to add some unwanted characteristics to image. I've tried pretty much everything myself short of getting them zapped at the dentists office.

As for yellow teeth on a girl - its a small part of the package. If they're slightly off white your fine, if its a sunrise smile you have though; sounds frustrating, not sure what I'd recommend.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 5:40 pm

In pictures my teeth look like this but IRL, they actually really don't look anything like this, more yellowish and I constantly brush my teeth.
But my girlfriend doesn't seem to be fussed about it as it seems so I guess I'm safe.

[Edit: Never mind]

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 9:09 pm

superboyian wrote:

In pictures my teeth look like this but IRL, they actually really don't look anything like this, more yellowish and I constantly brush my teeth.
But my girlfriend doesn't seem to be fussed about it as it seems so I guess I'm safe.

[Edit: Never mind]

superboyian = 8) 8) 8)

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 10:00 pm

Yellow teeth do not bother me in the slightest.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 10:13 pm

dark4181
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Oct 2010, 11:42 pm

I have what is probably the same (or a similar) condition: Amelio-genesis Imperfecta. Basically, when my adult teeth grew in, they grew with malformed, super-weak enamel. After a couple years, all the enamel was rubbed off, and my teeth began to deteriorate. I got veneers, which still didn't help because a strong bite popped them off in my sleep. Too expensive to replace, so I've been stuck with my gradually wearing-down teeth since then. Last time I talked to a dentist about things that could be done, the recommendation was for a full mouth reconstruction. All teeth pulled, jaw drilled out, implants installed. = $40,000 to $60,000. Which "is not covered by health insurance, because it's cosmetic" ...riiiight.

Yea, yellow teeth are horrible, especially when a semi-hard piece of candy can make a piece break off if you bite wrong >.<

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 7:30 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha. :lol: just classic.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm

my teeth are somewhat yellowish, but not too much. a cosmetic option that costs about $2 is to choose a lip gloss or lipstick that de-emphasizes the colour of your teeth. for colours i've actually found that orangey brown (same colour family as yellow) and bluish-pink (contrasting colour family) on my lips are pretty horrible and make my teeth look very yellow.

neutral dark ashy pinks or pinky beiges are fine. reds are great, as long as they are true red and not too purple. but reds can also draw attention to your teeth so i'd use it with caution.

(obviously, this also depends on skin tone)

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 6:12 pm

I don't know I am bothered by people with bleached white teeth that look artificial attached to their face. You are probably too self-conscious of barely noticable flaws which can keep you from smiling and appearing approachable.