Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 7:36 am

I dislike watching or hearing Political conferences, and their pathetic jeering, attacking of opposite parties, and other such nonsense.
I dislike the whole Political thing because no one is a Saint there, and also I dislike the news - it's all negative, and makes me feel closed off to enjoy life... it makes me feel oppressed.
I hate Politicians, and the news, although I might watch a bit of news if I can handle it, but too much makes me feel attacked and damaged.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 9:12 am

samtoo wrote:
I dislike watching or hearing Political conferences, and their pathetic jeering, attacking of opposite parties, and other such nonsense.
I dislike the whole Political thing because no one is a Saint there, and also I dislike the news - it's all negative, and makes me feel closed off to enjoy life... it makes me feel oppressed.
I hate Politicians, and the news, although I might watch a bit of news if I can handle it, but too much makes me feel attacked and damaged.

Ignorance is indeed bliss, but it solves nothing.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 10:51 am

Don't watch, don't listen.

ruveyn

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I'd agree, I don't watch TV, and during the election cycle I listen to a commercial free dance station; I feel great!

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 12:37 pm

samtoo wrote:

I know! They are supposed to be debating coherently and intelligently, when really, all the people are doing is arguing and trying to put each other down! Why can't there be a respectful debate show where, instead, they show their essays on why they have their side up on the screen instead of yelling and reprimanding each other insessantly?!

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 2:28 pm

I hate it too. I avoid news. I only watch 2 shows on TV: CSI and NCIS. No news for me. I can't stand election time. With the people calling up the house during dinner time too, but too bad we can't say do not call here because the calls are all computer generated. Both parties do bash each other and say this candidate will do this to people but if you vote for me I won't. :roll: I don't believe any candidate no matter what party they are. The news never says anything happy to me.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 2:59 pm

Heh, do you honestly think that people have a mind for politics constantly? (well, unless you're in that domain...) On my account, i only talk about it for minutes before falling into another subject.

What i do not like about politics is when it becomes an ideological debate. =.=

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 4:23 pm

phil777 wrote:
Heh, do you honestly think that people have a mind for politics constantly? (well, unless you're in that domain...) On my account, i only talk about it for minutes before falling into another subject.

what i do not like about politics is that it's so rarely includes an ideological debate.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 4:33 pm

waltur wrote:
phil777 wrote:

what i do not like about politics is that it's so rarely includes an ideological debate.

QFT

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 11:01 am

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Agreed. But bear in mind that those of us who are watching and listening are making the electoral choices that wind up affecting your life.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 12:11 pm

KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:
samtoo wrote:

I know! They are supposed to be debating coherently and intelligently, when really, all the people are doing is arguing and trying to put each other down! Why can't there be a respectful debate show where, instead, they show their essays on why they have their side up on the screen instead of yelling and reprimanding each other insessantly?!

I've come to the conclusion that there's a good reason for this. In reality politics isn't about who's "right", underneath it all it's about who gets what. It seems that politicians manipulating the masses into inadvertently support a special interest group through deceitful demagoguery is a step above having special interest groups come at us with guns and take our money by force. Without politics that's basically what happens. Just have a look at places like Somalia. I think ideologies are sometimes used to disguise the fact that the pursuit of money and power really is a zero sum game at times. Our apparent civilization is just a guise.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 12:15 pm

Political debates should all be done as rap battles like this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h92DALSM_A[/youtube]

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 1:30 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Political debates should all be done as rap battles...

i'm of the opinion that they already are and most candidates just suck at rapping.

maybe we could get a new c-span where they autotune debates on a 1 minute delay. call it c-spin.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 1:57 pm

waltur wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Political debates should all be done as rap battles...

i'm of the opinion that they already are and most candidates just suck at rapping.

maybe we could get a new c-span where they autotune debates on a 1 minute delay. call it c-spin.

C-SPIN? :lol:

Eye liek th!s

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 12:45 am

marshall wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that there's a good reason for this. In reality politics isn't about who's "right", underneath it all it's about who gets what. It seems that politicians manipulating the masses into inadvertently support a special interest group through deceitful demagoguery is a step above having special interest groups come at us with guns and take our money by force. Without politics that's basically what happens. Just have a look at places like Somalia. I think ideologies are sometimes used to disguise the fact that the pursuit of money and power really is a zero sum game at times. Our apparent civilization is just a guise.

megaphone this.

too bad we can't just put all the political ads on one channel only. i'd almost rather watch sports [which i hate to the teeth] than have to listen to political garbage.