Anyone else want to physically harm John Mayer

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 11:08 am

There was a news report about John Mayer I saw, and it showed all the women he's been linked to and then one reason for another ditched/dumped/left what have you:

Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jessica Simpson
Minka Kelly
Jennifer Aniston
Taylor Swift

To name a few. I so despise people like him. He just effortlessly gets and throws away beautiful women, women of a calibre which I, and practically all of us have no hope of ever dating. He has a gift and throws it about capriciously while the rest of us can't get any women.

And it makes me mad at women too. Why are some women so shallow and f*****g stupid that they continually go for a guy like Mayer who'll just ditch them, when there are so many quality guys out there who'd treat them right?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 11:38 am

On the flipside its also sad - he's that successful, can write a song as well, and has no idea for the life of him who he is.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 11:43 am

I dunno who this guy is, but I highly doubt he has any sort of gift. He's just a famous as*hole who happens to have been able to go out with famous girls. A lot of famous people end up going out with each other, that's just what happens.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 11:55 am

I barely know who he is, I've heard his name all over the internet, but I really don't care to look him up. Is he some kind of song writer or something?
Oh btw, all those "beautiful women" he's "thrown away" might have been the girlfriends from hell, you never know.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

MONKEY wrote:
I barely know who he is, I've heard his name all over the internet, but I really don't care to look him up. Is he some kind of song writer or something?
Oh btw, all those "beautiful women" he's "thrown away" might have been the girlfriends from hell, you never know.

Exactly. These women are celebrities so they have a whole new set a problems than the average girl. They could be gold diggers, conceited, or in rehab all the time. You never know. Then again, celebrities are people, just with money and everyone knows who they are, which can really change a person.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 12:40 pm

Seems like a lot of celebrities break up with eachother for other people. Anyway I never thought John Mayer had much of talent or what girls see in him. At least these girls can afford to look good and find another man....not that it's any greener on the other side I'm sure. They'll have to fullfill status quo by dating douches who match their fame and fortune.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 2:43 pm

They are better off without him since his music only is interesting for a spell, maybe that says something about his personality as well.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 2:43 pm

Simply for being untalented, yes. His treatment of women makes it worse.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 2:53 pm

Nope I won't, it's life.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 2:59 pm

And just so we're clear, I don't mean actually hurt him. More in the metaphorical sense. I mean, don't you just hate guys who use and abuse all the attractive girls, while we get none?

tangenjill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2010, 3:54 pm

seems he might be on the spectrum...

tangenjill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2010, 3:54 pm

seems he might be on the spectrum...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 4:00 pm

John Mayer's first album, Room for Squares, was really good. Too bad he went in a different artistic direction later in his career.

As for his dating life - most men in Hollywood are like that. I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 4:02 pm

The lives of celebrities are also often publicity stunts, since being a celeb is pretty much a "who can get the most press coverage and therefore make the most money" competition.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 4:07 pm

Brianruns10 wrote:
He just effortlessly gets and throws away beautiful women,

As Captain Renault says in Casablanca, "How extravagant for you to throw away beautiful women, one day they'll be scarce". That's what came to mind when I saw this.

I understand - having known many band people over the years they are held to a much different standard and what's worse is that I'm better-looking than they are!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2010, 5:53 pm

Media stars do run in the same circles. Like royality tends to hang with royalty.
Justin Timberlake (for example) is more likely to meet your idol (beyounce or taylor swift or katey Perry or whomever) than you or I am
But I know what you mean.

Consider Ofra Haza.
If you're like me (a Gentile American) you probably dont know her name.

She was Israel's biggest pop music star in the eighties and nineties.

Was even popular in nieghboring Arab countries for her ability to turn tradtional middle eastern folk rythmns into slick modern pop ( kinda of a mideastern Gloria Estefan).

She was also dark haired exotic dish. One of my personal sex symbols.

She died in the nineties at 34 of aids.
How does a heterosexual, non american, non haitian, non african, non needle freak, Isreali woman get aids?

Well she got it from her filandering husband ( who wasnt even famous as far as I know).

Her husband had (what I consider to be) champagne at home, and he had to send out for Tab.

With tragic results.

Go figure.