aspie guys: are you passive with your girlfriend?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 2:22 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
emlion wrote:
Should be dominant.
It's sexy.

I have a question though: How do I know if I'm going too far? Because I don't realize it until well after the fact, and well after anything is salvageable. So I end up being very passive because, above all else, I don't want to hurt a partner.

That is often a problem. I don't know.
A lot of my exes have taken it too far - but they're all horrible people. D:
I suppose hopefully the woman would tell you, you were pushing it too far.
I don't know.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 3:59 am

It should be noted that, while submissive girls will usually prefer a dominant guy, not all girls are submissive.

CherryBombH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2010, 11:40 am

I'm a pretty assertive woman and don't mind making decisions and giving my opinions, but even so, I want to be in an equal relationship where the guy makes decisions too. I don't think it's healthy if one side or the other is always assertive. In terms of knowing where you stand on this with your partner, ask. Check in once in awhile. Not all the time cuz that's annoying....

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 11:41 am

WHERE IS MY f*****g GIRLFRIEND!! !! !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2010, 11:59 am

I'm currently in a relationship with a female who is fairly passive, so I naturally drifted over to the more dominant side. I'm not a controlling person or anything, but I usually am the one who initiates things right now.

Pemer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2010, 12:09 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Not passive, but not assertive either. I expect an equal partner and a mutual give/take relationship. We decide together where to go and what to do, and nothing happens unless there's a consensus.

That's not "normal" male behavior. I get that. Men are expected to take initiative and women are expected to follow. SCREW THAT. I prefer a woman capable of thinking for herself. Let me be me, and let her be her.

+1