Rand Paul Supporters Curb Stomp MoveOn Supporter

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Oct 2010, 6:55 pm

Can't say I have. If the guy wanted to hurt her tho, he could of hurt her a whole lot more is what I was trying to say. I don't know what was going through the guy's head, it looked small enough to have been a slip to me.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 7:06 pm

this is why everyone(correctly) thinks politics sucks, this man sucks and it has either nothing or barely anything to do with his party.(I'm referencing the comments on most of the articles I've read about this story, and a few of the posts in this thread)

@jacoby he very clearly used his muscles also his body didn't move with his leg, it wasn't a slip.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 7:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Can't say I have. If the guy wanted to hurt her tho, he could of hurt her a whole lot more is what I was trying to say. I don't know what was going through the guy's head, it looked small enough to have been a slip to me.

I've used a similar technique to restrain large drunken brawling gentlemen, and it really doesn't take very much force at all to prevent someone from rising. By the look of it, he's wanting to get a little stomp in whilst he has the chance, perhaps thinking nobody would notice or mind.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 9:45 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The guy apologized and has since been dismissed as a volunteer and banned from future events. What more do you want?

Apparently what this guy (and I applaud your avoiding the word man) wants is an apology; after all, if she hadn't come to the debate to exercise her freedom of speech, he wouldn't have had to restrain her and stomp on her. Now look at all the inconvenience he's facing because of this liberal trying to crush freedom!
The Washington Post wrote:
"Profitt said the attack was 'not a big deal,' that Lauren 'instigated it' and that 'she should apologize' -- words that are eerily familiar to many women who have faced assault and abuse,"
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/10/woman-stomped-outside-rand-pau.html

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Oct 2010, 10:35 pm

Charging somebody isn't freedom of speech for the hundredth time.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 11:53 pm

Jacoby wrote:
If the guy wanted to hurt her tho, he could of hurt her a whole lot more is what I was trying to say

Well praise allah for small favors that he didn't just go ahead and break her neck, huh?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 1:09 am

I have noticed that no one seems to have commented on the Paul supporter in the video who reacted against the stomper and told him to back off. Clearly there was at least one decent human being there who knew when his fellow Paul supporters crossed the line.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 1:45 pm

Orwell wrote:
I have noticed that no one seems to have commented on the Paul supporter in the video who reacted against the stomper and told him to back off. Clearly there was at least one decent human being there who knew when his fellow Paul supporters crossed the line.

there were quite a few decent human beings present. there is no shortage of backup singers for the chorus of "someone get a cop."

there were also uniformed security nearby. at least one can be clearly seen in the video and appears to be mere feet from the action. i think this incident is an excellent example of how american politics works: one crazy left-wingnut plus one crazy right-wingnut equals news coverage.

i think that the douche who stepped on her head deserves to be charged for it. i've seen a cellphone video that shows the moveon girl literally charge the car paul was about to get out of so i can see where one might get the idea that they actually thought he was in danger but paul's security seems to be unconcerned. from hearsay and conjecture, i gather that this might be because they knew who she was and what she was there for and that she wasn't really a threat. but that's hearsay and conjecture from interviews with the person who's head was stepped on. not exactly an unbiased assessment.

still.... to rush a libertarian politician in a crowd of his supporters is.......... what would antoine dodson say? "dumb. so dumb. you are really dumb."

which sucks, from my perspective, because this serves to discredit a legitimate complaint about political financing.

bonus! easy way to tell a "decent person" from a "hypocritical douche" in the video: anyone displaying a gadsden flag (sign/shirt/button/hat) within 30 yards is a hypocritical douche.