Are you too early? Too late? Or just in time?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

How are you doing with appointments?
I'm mostly too early. 51%  51%  [ 22 ]
I'm mostly too late. 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
I'm mostly on time. 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
I have no specific tendency. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 43

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 5:18 pm

Usually on time or early. Some things are very easy to time, like anything at my clinic. I know how long it takes to drive there, park, and walk to the correct department. It's close by, which makes it less likely that factors like traffic will get in the way. If I'm not sure how much time I'll need to get somewhere, I try to leave a lot of time, which often means getting there early. I hate being early and having to sit around doing nothing, but I hate being late even more.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 5:24 pm

Usually on time, but tend to be late much more than early.

I hate being stuck in situations where I'm expected to sit there and make small talk until things get going (like a meeting). So, in some situations I hate being early.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 7:27 pm

Early. I need time to mentally prepare for things, and being early gives me that time.

FluffyDog wrote:
I always take the last but one train from the city back to home area, because the last one might be broken or whatever and then I would have to spend the night in the city. And to be certain that I will catch the last but one train, I will not take the tram that makes it to the station in time, but the one before that, because there might be a traffic jam (in the middle of the night).

^That is a perfect description of me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

DylanLarkins
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

I am currently sitting outside of the room where I will have rehearsal in an hour.

I'm socially devoid enough at school that I have nothing else to occupy my time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 9:17 pm

I like to be at my destination 15 minutes early.

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 8:36 am

Wow, good to hear that I am not the only one who is anxious not to be late.

Before I realized I had AS, I always thought I was just trying not to be too late because my mother ALWAYS is too late. I have seen her start to dress for an appointment at 14:05, when the appointment was due at 14:00!

I think this is very frustrating for me (as I am almost always ready to go in time and have to wait for her to finally get going) and very impolite for the person the appointment is with (as obviously they have to spend their time waiting).

But seeing that about half of you tend to be too early themselves this seems more likely to be an AS-induced anxiety thing. So now I can stop blaming my mommy for it. :wink:

Atama
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2010, 8:57 am

FluffyDog wrote:
Wow, good to hear that I am not the only one who is anxious not to be late.

Before I realized I had AS, I always thought I was just trying not to be too late because my mother ALWAYS is too late. I have seen her start to dress for an appointment at 14:05, when the appointment was due at 14:00!

I think this is very frustrating for me (as I am almost always ready to go in time and have to wait for her to finally get going) and very impolite for the person the appointment is with (as obviously they have to spend their time waiting).

But seeing that about half of you tend to be too early themselves this seems more likely to be an AS-induced anxiety thing. So now I can stop blaming my mommy for it. :wink:

I am afraid of being late so I am always too early. But my family tends to do the opposite, so this is very frustrating when I have to go somewhere with them.

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 9:05 am

Yes, I think we have a lot in common there, Atama. By now I have learned to get ready in my own time, then to sit down with a book and wait until my parents are ready too. When they are ready to go, I just finish my paragraph, ignore them complaining about me keeping them waiting with my reading and get into the car. :wink:

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 9:08 am

Early, I've shown up at a birthday party before the host did.