Can anyone recommend a good book on AS?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2006, 1:52 pm

I really liked "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime" by Mark Haddon. I'd definitely reccommend it to you. :)

androidbeing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2006, 3:12 pm

Any body know of any ebooks?

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2006, 4:42 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
bizarre wrote:
She also says in her book that judges and marriage counselors should be educated about AS so that when they hear an NT and AS version of events. They should discredit the Aspie version. So that they could not get custody of their children for an example.

That's bloody disgusting. I've read a lot of stuff on AS but I've not come across attitudes like that before. What were her qualifications?

And wobbegong, I've never heard anyone say that Tony Attwood has AS. Where did you hear that from?

That last is bollocks Nathan! You know as well as any that your buddy Lucas has said as much, and I've reported my own experience of how a uk judge disregarded my opinion, for no better reason than he didn't like my body-language.

wobbegong
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2006, 11:53 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity

There was a discussion about Tony Attwood and aspieness on the QLD aspie forum, and one of the contributors posted what Tony told them.

And if you read Tony's biographical info on his website, his wife's description of him, and some of his self description suggests aspie traits too.

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2006, 8:37 am

Spriteling wrote:
I really liked "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime" by Mark Haddon. I'd definitely reccommend it to you. :)

aww, me too. Awww.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2006, 12:49 pm

Thanks guys for all your great recommendations!
I'm going to write them down on list and see if they have any of these books at the library. I love to read. Unfortunately, i can't buy any new books right now as funds are short. :D

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2006, 7:24 pm

Unless you live in a megalopolis, your local library will probably have a very limited selection. You might ask if they have a service called "Inter-Library Loan" in which they can track down the more obscure titles and bring them to you (they usually charge a few dollars for this service).

Or try online used book search engines, like "AbeBooks" or "BookFinder" where they find the best prices on thousands of booksellers' inventories.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2006, 8:43 pm

bizarre wrote:
I could have said empathy instead of sympathy, but she states we are incapable of that!
Obviously she is, too.

bizarre wrote:
She also says in her book that judges and marriage counselors should be educated about AS so that when they hear an NT and AS version of events. They should discredit the Aspie version. So that they could not get custody of their children for an example.
she should get a little more AS education. she seems to not relize that the aspies version is more likely the truth(not that aspergers prevents lieing i am just saying i have noticed we tend to lie a lot less then everyone else)

bizarre wrote:
She is a NT therapist who treats AS patients.
i think this is the saddest part of what you said.