Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2011, 11:33 pm

If I'm going somewhere, I'll put on eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. I may put on concealer/foundation pending on how my skin is looking. :)

quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2011, 4:10 am

Oh, and I never wear foundation...gross! I can't stand how it looks on my skin. I also hate how it rubs off on clothing.

I rarely wear lipstick because after it dries up, your lips are left with this powdery residue caked on them. I prefer lip glosses because they at least leave your lips moist and don't leave behind a trace.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 1:19 am

EmirDynamite wrote:
I sometimes worry what I will do when I get to the point where I have to dress "professionally", and certain standards of appearance are expected. I'm sure a lot of the women on this board can understand, women's formal clothes/etc seem so complicated. If you're a guy, you wear a suit, tie, black shoes, and that's it! A woman has to worry about what she wears, the color, how much/little breast curvature is showing, if her earrings are appropriate, MAKEUP... Anyway, that was tangential.

Absolutely true. I've been in these situations a few times already and yes, it does feel incredibly awkward. You'd think it would help me with the image I have to project, but it just makes me feel very unnatural, so being any form of *myself* (including the "acceptable/public" persona) is more difficult.

(Hope that made some sense. :oops: )

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2011, 7:42 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/many-women-addicted-to-make-up/story-e6frf7kx-1225944411291

Do u wear it? if so is it an essential or an optional extra?

I wear make-up some days. It depends on whether or not I remember to put it on.

I read a lot of tips and instruction on how to apply make-up. My mother taught me when I was 13 but her method looked weird on me so I did research to learn what I should be doing. She was wrong about a few things.

I don't like wearing a lot of make-up. It feels "caked on" and I hate that feeling on my skin. I think I've managed a technique that works for me and I like "feeling pretty" when I'm all dolled up. But I have to make a note to remember to put it on or else I'll go without it.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2011, 9:19 pm

I don't own any makeup and wouldn't know how to apply it properly if I did. I have kind of a masculine face, and in makeup I would feel like the guys in Monty Python when they dress up like women. :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:47 pm

Right now, a very light, shimmery, eyeshadow, black mascara and grey kohl and pale orange lip gloss.

I hate not wearing any make up at all because people say I actually look natural and clean. I'd rather look beautiful and made up.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 7:29 pm

I don't really like wearing make-up all that much. Truthfully I think it looks silly on me and I don't understand why people say it looks good (on me or anyone else). I've found that if I put on some lotion and chapstick/lip gloss, then I can fool most people into thinking I'm wearing something. Maybe I'll change my tune when I get older and start getting wrinkles, but at least right now it's not so feasible for me.

Nereid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2011, 1:07 am

Sometimes, but it can be annoying and I resent the notion people have of if I wear makeup, that will for some reason boost my self esteem. I think often the girls with the most cakeup have the lowest self esteem. And yes I meant to say "cakeup".

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 11:19 pm

Nereid wrote:
I think often the girls with the most cakeup have the lowest self esteem. And yes I meant to say "cakeup".

I agree. IMO, it's just like worrying excessively about what you're wearing. I think I have HIGHER self-esteem because I am comfortable wearing a loose-fitting t-shirt/sweatshirt and jeans, even though people have said that it must be the opposite ("she doesn't care very much about herself to look like that").

:roll: Give me a break.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

greenlandgem
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2011, 4:44 pm

I rarely wear any makeup at all, and when I do, it's concealer. I apply it on any spots or red areas I might have and also under my eyes and on my eyelids where I sometimes get dark shadows. Sometimes I will curl my eyelashes, since they are very straight, and it makes my eyes look more open. I only do this when it is important I look bright and alert - job interviews, conferences, going out, etc. And this doesn't happen often! When I lived in the UK, I would get very, very pale in the winter to the point where I would start to look almost green - so on occasion there I would wear the faintest whisper of pale pink powder blush, which kept me from looking like a walking corpse. The only other thing I use is chapstick, and that is purely practical, nothing to do with aesthetics.

Any other make-up, however, freaks me out. I despise the feeling of foundation: it makes my skin crawl. Mascara freaks me out and makes my eyelids itch even though I'm not allergic (it's psychological), and eyeshadows and eyeliners look beyond ridiculous on me. I have red-pigmented lips naturally, and they are quite full, so when I put on lipstick it is very noticeable and even distracting, so I simply don't do it. Ever.

I will admit, however, that I see a dermatologist about my skin, and apply a number of creams and serums to maintain a clear and healthy complexion. It isn't make-up, exactly, but it is a vanity thing. My personality changes perceptibly for the worse when my skin looks shoddy, so I put some time and money into ensuring that it stays nice.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 6:14 pm

I personally resent the idea that you have to wear make-up in order to be attractive or to be considered feminine, worse still is that if you don't wear make-up to a job interview more often you will be marked down for not taking care of yourself.

I find it annoying that rubbish make-up is fashionable now - caked on, round rosy blusher, clumpy mascara, mascara on the bottom lashes, lip-liner a totally different colour to your lipstick...never hear of natural-look or less is more??

AND why do they keep coming out with make-up that's closer to painting and decorating supplies?! For example L'Oréal's True Match Roller...who honestly thought women would want to use a mini-paint roller to apply make-up, granted it worked as they obviously sell despite obvious design flaw, but this along with the fashion of using a primer...make-up counters are more like a visit to B&Q.

I wear a little concealer when needed, loose mineral powder, eye shadow and sometimes mascara...but I normally dye my lashes instead, I also tint my lips as I'm allergic to most lipsticks anyway (don't get me started on the horrific ingredients in most make-up), and I'm useless with fancy make-up techniques. Can't stand heavy make-up, it drove me mental when I was modelling because to me liquid foundations are just repulsive and make you feel like your skin can't breath, I also think I look worse the more make-up I wear.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Amalgoreaux
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2011, 8:29 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
I personally resent the idea that you have to wear make-up in order to be attractive or to be considered feminine, worse still is that if you don't wear make-up to a job interview more often you will be marked down for not taking care of yourself.

I find it annoying that rubbish make-up is fashionable now - caked on, round rosy blusher, clumpy mascara, mascara on the bottom lashes, lip-liner a totally different colour to your lipstick...never hear of natural-look or less is more??

AND why do they keep coming out with make-up that's closer to painting and decorating supplies?! For example L'Oréal's True Match Roller...who honestly thought women would want to use a mini-paint roller to apply make-up, granted it worked as they obviously sell despite obvious design flaw, but this along with the fashion of using a primer...make-up counters are more like a visit to B&Q.

I wear a little concealer when needed, loose mineral powder, eye shadow and sometimes mascara...but I normally dye my lashes instead, I also tint my lips as I'm allergic to most lipsticks anyway (don't get me started on the horrific ingredients in most make-up), and I'm useless with fancy make-up techniques. Can't stand heavy make-up, it drove me mental when I was modelling because to me liquid foundations are just repulsive and make you feel like your skin can't breath, I also think I look worse the more make-up I wear.

I hear you on that one. :P

A lot of make-up makes my face (mostly my chin for some reason) itch like mad. This results in me either scratching my face all day, or just outright taking it off. I really don't like the feeling of makeup on my face, and it makes me feel fake; all the stuff I bought from Estee Lauder make my skin unrealistically smooth. The only "people" that have that complexion are CG models, and that's just creepy, IMO.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 2:05 am

i wear t on my day(s) off... i can not wear it on thr job, so i have fun pretending i am someone else.